How Can I Clean This?

You really should post a picture of yours for the best answer. There's hundreds of ways to clean things, but seeing how rusted, or damaged something is will really change the recommendation

There! Yes, its rustier than the other...

Attachments

• IMG-1511_32.jpg
    IMG-1511_32.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 268
I'd keep it as it is. Looks cool! (Smoking isn't cool anymore though) I think anything you did to clean it, would make it look worse.

Yeah I would not attack that sign with much. Maybe a soft sponge and some soapy water at best for some of the dirt. Cleaning the rust will make it look off being old and having patches of clean steel around.

the white stuff on the paint is likely oxidation. i collect old electric fans and the paint is way thicker on those but mothers mag polish gets rid of the foogy look, any fine grit compound should take it off, carefully. and get as much loose rust off then apply a good wax. The can i have is so old the label fell off but it was for protecting collector guns for long storage and really works. i put it on ammo cans to seal them up against rust.

I'd keep it as it is. Looks cool! (Smoking isn't cool anymore though) I think anything you did to clean it, would make it look worse.

That's a cool little sign. And smoking is cool..if your smoking Kool's...

the white stuff on the paint is likely oxidation. i collect old electric fans and the paint is way thicker on those but mothers mag polish gets rid of the foogy look, any fine grit compound should take it off, carefully. and get as much loose rust off then apply a good wax. The can i have is so old the label fell off but it was for protecting collector guns for long storage and really works. i put it on ammo cans to seal them up against rust.

That Mother's stuff is the best! I use it on all kinds of stuff and I don't even have a set of mags anymore, lol.

Back
Top Bottom