House with no trespassing signs

CarsonChris

Elite Member
I got permission today to detect a property that has no trespassing signs every 20 ft. You’d think they were not friendly with all the signs but the reason they posted the signs was because people were letting their dogs use the yard as their potty grounds. I’m excited. Their curb strip is where I found the Barber dime yesterday. Their property is an entire block!

That’s a great permission! Looking forward to seeing your finds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What time? I feel the need to skip work tomorrow :laughing:

Nah, JK, man way to go on the permission. Look forward to seeing what you find!

I got permission today to detect a property that has no trespassing signs every 20 ft. You’d think they were not friendly with all the signs but the reason they posted the signs was because people were letting their dogs use the yard as their potty grounds. I’m excited. Their curb strip is where I found the Barber dime yesterday. Their property is an entire block!
I'm curious as to what prompted you to ask for permission to begin with. Most of us, when seeing numerous "No Trespassing" signs would have probably just moved on. Yet you decided to give it a whirl anyway, and ask to detect. I'm also a little curious as to how it was you asked...what did you say to them that convinced them to let you go ahead and detect? Congrats, by the way, I hope ya find some cool stuff. :)

I'm curious as to what prompted you to ask for permission to begin with. Most of us, when seeing numerous "No Trespassing" signs would have probably just moved on. Yet you decided to give it a whirl anyway, and ask to detect. I'm also a little curious as to how it was you asked...what did you say to them that convinced them to let you go ahead and detect? Congrats, by the way, I hope ya find some cool stuff. :)

flies only: You are much too cruel :laughing:

Nice lesson to not take things at face value. I admit I'd be reluctant to knock on that person's door, but if I liked the yard and saw him outside I would open the conversation up by asking what the story was with all the signs. Then, like you, find out they really only have an issue with a particular type of solicitation or door knocker.

I was wearing my work garb, high visibility clothing and detecting the curb strip where they live. The owner came out and asked if I worked for the city. I explained what I was doing and showed her a picture of the Barber dime I found the day before. She got all excited so I asked if I could search their property. She gave me the good to go as long as I don’t bring a dog. Lucked into it!

I also empathized with the owner over all the dog doo left by pet owners around the property. When I go it will be with a rake and shovel first! I think she said they’ve counted as many as 25 dogs and owners using it in a day without cleaning up.

I'm actually glad you posted this, as there are maaaaaaany other reason to post signs like that other than the guy who lives there is a total Scrooge and hates everyone. Mostly, bad experiences with rude morons. People just get sick of it over time and block the world.

Good on you, and I hope the hunt goes well! :)

Does it keep the dogs out? They cant read.:lol:

There was a lady who walked dog on the street where I lived. I kept finding piles in my yard and needless to say I was not happy. One evening she came walking down the street and her dog (On a leash) headed for my yard. She let the do dog squat and I asked her if she was hungry. She said No Why. I then told her that I was tired of cleaning up after her dog and it S[pit in my yard again she was going to eat it She got quite huffy and took off down the street. After that she always walked her dog on the other side of the street.

There was a lady who walked dog on the street where I lived. I kept finding piles in my yard and needless to say I was not happy. One evening she came walking down the street and her dog (On a leash) headed for my yard. She let the do dog squat and I asked her if she was hungry. She said No Why. I then told her that I was tired of cleaning up after her dog and it S[pit in my yard again she was going to eat it She got quite huffy and took off down the street. After that she always walked her dog on the other side of the street.

The mailboxes in my neighborhood are on the corner of my property. Every person that has a dog seems to walk them down to the mailbox and right in front of my house. They all seem to use my lawn as their repository. I get frustrated with it for sure.

I also empathized with the owner over all the dog doo left by pet owners around the property. When I go it will be with a rake and shovel first! I think she said they’ve counted as many as 25 dogs and owners using it in a day without cleaning up.

I have a dog but some people think it's ok to let their dog poop on my yard and that's just rude to me😡

She can do what my neighbor did to a woman who constantly let her little toy poodle poop own his nice lawn. One day I looked out the window and he was chasing her down the street waving a plastic grocery bag of the poodle poop and yelling at her clean up after her dog. Wished I had a camera. She never let her dog poop in his yard again.

I have a dog but some people think it's ok to let their dog poop on my yard and that's just rude to me😡

Some people also think it is ok for their dogs to chase cows and deer.

I love dogs, but cattle are expensive. Dogs should be fed by their owners, trained to not roam. Leave the deer for the hunters and coyotes.

Nothing a well placed shot can't, and hasn't put and end too.

Sorry, but people need to be responsible for their animals.

I got permission today to detect a property that has no trespassing signs every 20 ft

I don't know about their motivation for the signs, but some states require the signs be posted like this if you want the police to be able to take action for trespass crimes.

I don't know about their motivation for the signs, but some states require the signs be posted like this if you want the police to be able to take action for trespass crimes.

That house was a bust. A few wheat pennies. Most high conductors were gone. Since then I met another detectorist that went through there 10 years ago. I did find a 1911 Barber and a 23 Merc in the curb strip around the property.

That house was a bust. A few wheat pennies. Most high conductors were gone. Since then I met another detectorist that went through there 10 years ago. I did find a 1911 Barber and a 23 Merc in the curb strip around the property.

Can't believe I missed those. Focused to much on the yard I guess. Or is this the other lot you told me about?

Back
Top Bottom