• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

May Round-Up: Record-Breaking Walk to the Public Barbers and Met Some Pretty Indians

PrussianBleu

Well folks, It's June and you know what that means; time for an array of old dug-up coins from May on a piece of nice looking wood (Carpathian Burl Elm in this case.)

In short, I had a heck of a month! I was able to find more silver coins this month (8) than I ever have before, including my first ever silver Half, a 1941 D. This was also a crazy month for my favorite Barber series coinage (a 1900 and a sweet 1903) and IHPs with 4 found this month. And the 1898 and 1901 are pretty for sure!

Other my other bucket lister this month was two silver Washington Quarters, I had only ever previously dug a Barber and a Stander.

My sole silver ring this month was a 5.9g honker! Other significant finds include 38 Wheats (including a 1909), two early-head Lizzie Canadian pennies and an Alabama Depression Tax Token.

Suffice to say, I'm very happy with the way that this month turned out! Many thanks goes out to the ongoing tutelage of IDXMonster and Trapper, without whom I feel my success would have been much more limited.

6c83920ba4e785c0a236944f346cbc56.jpg
32798b9bc07e18c521032debb67daecc.jpg
aeb5768aa238f2133a936b622efc7b70.jpg
66f12dc93acb49bc692eca839fe4a4d7.jpg
ba5914169d05a5678efcf04502c7d22b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I plan on adding some more in-situ pics, but Tapatalk is not cooperating at the moment. [emoji16]

Let’s see a pic of that tax token. I may have found one like that. And that pattern on dime is cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A fantastic month of finds Anthony. Love that your expanding your horizons. Those Indians are all beautiful, the water stained design on the Barber is pretty unique and your doing a very nice number on bigger Silver to boot. Your education in this hobby is only limited by your own ambition. You have earned your rewards with your efforts. Congrats. Trapper

A fantastic month of finds Anthony. Love that your expanding your horizons. Those Indians are all beautiful, the water stained design on the Barber is pretty unique and your doing a very nice number on bigger Silver to boot. Your education in this hobby is only limited by your own ambition. You have earned your rewards with your efforts. Congrats. Trapper

I couldn’t have said it any better...”your education in this hobby is only limited by your own ambition”. There comes a time where EVERYONE faces this very fact, and then decides if they are ALL IN...or out. No matter how bad the sites are, no matter how bad the weather is or how hard the bugs are biting...in order to succeed you have to be better than our predecessors, it’s really that simple.
It’s great to see your “found” collection is catching up to your “other” collection...😀

Fine looking wrap-up for the month! I see many good times when I look at all those finds. Good photography too! That crazy burlwood makes a great backdrop for all the pretty goodies.

That is one good lookin' spread. Great details on those coins! I need to find a better backdrop for my photos. Kitchen napkin just doesn't look as nice as that wood. Thanks for posting. Really nice pictures.

Fine looking wrap-up for the month! I see many good times when I look at all those finds. Good photography too! That crazy burlwood makes a great backdrop for all the pretty goodies.
Very well said, for that's all that it is. All of my good finds are a perfectly encapsulated memory and that's almost as valuable to me as the find itself.

It also brings me right back to the time and place when these old coins were lost, and as that is the only type of time travel that I'm accessible to right now, I'll take it! :mder:

Many thanks to everyone for the kind words! I will definitely keep the finds coming, as they come to me. I always appreciate the support of all the kind people in this great hobby. :D

Nice may wrap up PB 👀.
Love all the saves . Just great to see all the oldies being saved . Funny how one or two here and there can add op to a great presentation.
Even slow days make for a great show in the end .
Love it !
Dew

Awesome finds! I love the spread of coins on the wood like that too! Makes for some great photos. That toning on the barber is sweet. I have found a couple similar to that. I was not sure if it was roots or just water that makes that toning but it is very cool. Hope next month is even better for you!

Nice may wrap up PB [emoji102].

Love all the saves . Just great to see all the oldies being saved . Funny how one or two here and there can add op to a great presentation.

Even slow days make for a great show in the end .

Love it !

Dew
Many thanks! And I quite agree, I prefer monthly summaries, since I feel I don't find enough things to warrant a report every time. We have to hunt again this summer!

Back
Top Bottom