About time

Your first silver - and not just one, but three! Good work! I'm eagerly awaiting my first.... :grin:

Huge congrats on your first silvers !!

Like you, I started in this hobby digging mountains of trash and junk, But i found just enough clad , a few junk rings and interesting trinkets to keep me at it. And, Like you, my first silver day was a multi, when I found two rosie dimes in the same yard. I then went a couple of months with none , upgraded my detector, and finally found an area in one of our older parks that was older dirt. I finished the year with a total of 8 silvers - all dimes. When the snow melted the next spring, that area of the park produced over a dozen silver coins, including Barber dimes, a Barber half , as well as a couple of buffs and my first V Nickel. I still hunt that park often and still find an occasional silver.

This forum has been a tremendous source of information and inspiration for me. Without it, I would have never " discovered" curb stripping or made the realization that private yards are the last frontier of relatively abundant silvers. I started concentrating on those and ended last year with 56 silver coins. This year I already have 35 silvers but 23 of those came from the same permission. There are folks on this forum that already have over 100 this year and some of the veterans regularly dig twice that number annually.
My point with all of this is that regardless of your efforts, equipment and skill level, you won't find silver if its not there to begin with. Location is the single most important determining factor of silver success- by far. Keep at it, absorb everything you can from this forum. Effort is up to you, equipment matters, and skill level is key to finding deep, masked silver in heavily hunted places , But with some research, some people skills, and the willingness to get out of your comfort zone when seeking permissions, you will find areas that will produce silver. Toss a bit of luck in the mix and EASY silver is still there. Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom