• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Dateless SLQ quarter heads up!!

Bowtie1940

Forum Supporter
Hold on to any that have no stars under the eagle on the reverse!

While very rare it’s possible to be a 1916 if it has no mint mark or mark spot worn off.

There is a way to confirm that it’s a 1916 or 17 as they are DIFFERENT.

Added dated 1916 and 1917 for comparison.

Added a PIC. Look closely at the subtle differences!

There's one on EBAY graded POOR1 selling for $1899!

WORTH A SERIOUS LOOK!!!

Tom

Attachments

• 1916 vs 1917 type 1.jpg
    1916 vs 1917 type 1.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 368
  • 1916 qtr.jpg
    1916 qtr.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 282
  • 1917 ty1.jpg
    1917 ty1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
There appears to be a difference in the little curl of hair behind her head, looking at coins in better condition. Is that the case?

There appears to be a difference in the little curl of hair behind her head, looking at coins in better condition. Is that the case?

Yes. Added dated 1916 and 1917 to the post for clarity.
Note that the 1916 head goes thru the bead design around the rim, but not on the 1917.
The beads on the shield are smaller, and the folds on the drapes along the right arm are different, as well as the drape by the right foot.

While subtle, these are enough to validate a 1916.

Tom

Last edited:
I’ve only found one slq and it’s pretty slick. But it’s missing the stars under the eagle so it’s type one. I’ve also picked up one at a antique shop that they had marked as dateless but I could tell it was a type one. It was $5 so I bought it. I was able to make out a mint mark so it made it a 1917. Still trying to figure out my first one but you pictures may help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one that appears to have no stars. I doubt if it is even in poor shape. I cannot tell what date it is. The third picture is of a SLQ that appears to be different from a stand one. Has anyone ever found one like this?
SLQ2.JPG SLQ2a.JPG
SLQ3.JPG The eagle on the left seems to be at a different height than the other one.

The one on the left is a 16 or 17. Eagle lower because it has no stars under the eagle. Have a pic of the front on the left one?

Tom

It’s a 17 based on the shield beads.
If it were a 16 it would be worth a grand, versus bullion melt!

Back
Top Bottom