Help - Civil War Bullet ID

DigginMoRelics

All,

I recently found this bullet at a known battle site; I found it along with a few minnie balls, and other CW period artifacts.

Any idea what type of bullet it might be? Best I can tell it's some type of .58? At first I thought an Enfield, but it has rings at the base. Rough weight on my digital scales is 498 grains.

I've also included a picture of a few other bullets I found at the site.

Thanks!

Attachments

• unkwn_length.jpg
    unkwn_length.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 305
  • unkwn_width.jpg
    unkwn_width.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 274
  • unkwn_group.jpg
    unkwn_group.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 310
Looks like history to me ! I'd kill to find one!

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

That's a great bullet and very hard to come by out in the field. It's a Confederate bullet and If it has the small cone cavity, it's for a Mississippi Rifle. The fact that its a dropped bullet and not fired like the others is a huge plus :goodjob:

That's a great bullet and very hard to come by out in the field. It's a Confederate bullet and If it has the small cone cavity, it's for a Mississippi Rifle. The fact that its a dropped bullet and not fired like the others is a huge plus :goodjob:

Thanks for the info! I was wondering if it might be Confederate since it resembled an Enfield. I did quite a bit of searching online last night, and couldn't quite find one that matched it. The bullet does have a cone cavity, I'll try to get a picture tomorrow and post it.

You know of any links that describe the bullet?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom