Token Find

diggin4clad

Elite Member
After being without power for five days I was able to get out and do a quick 60 minute hunt before the heat and humidity ramped up and sent me packing. I hit a nearby soccer field that I've hunted many times including the last two weeks. Finds included 13 clads worth $2.02 and a token from Mohegan Bowl which is located in Webster, Mass. This token was dropped about 30 miles from home. By coincidence it's from a Candlepin bowling alley that Sue and I used to bowl at until it was closed due to the "pandemic".

Attachments

• IMG_0769.JPG
    IMG_0769.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0768.JPG
    IMG_0768.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 159
  • IMGP0047 (1).jpg
    IMGP0047 (1).jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 151
Cool token, the bowling pic adds to the post, thnx.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Thanks Mikey.....most of those kind of tokens I find (no cash value) are from amusement centers that I have no knowledge of, so this was nice because we used to patronize the place listed on the token.

I used to bowl back in my young days, kinda miss it, fun times. :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Bowling has been in my blood since I was a kid. Really got into it as a teenager, duckpins, tenpins and now candlepins. Did a lot of league bowling, tournaments, and bowling for money after leagues were over. Only doing the small balls now though.....:oldguy:

Cool token find! That candlepin bowling looks like fun. I've never seen it anywhere.
Thanks Foragist. Candle pin bowling is still around in New England (mainly Massachusetts and Vermont) and parts of Canada. Rules are a bit different.... three balls per frame and any deadwood is left on the pin deck. Sometimes it helps you and sometimes it's a hindrance. Scores are much lower than tenpins.......120 is a good score. Videos of old TV shows are on YouTube if you want to give a look.

Back
Top Bottom