Equinox 800 Beach Mode On Land Success

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
I've been reading about using Beach Mode on land recently. Gave it a shot on the park that I cut my detecting teeth on. I've gone over this particular park dozens of times with 3 different machines. I was able to sqeak out an old merc with this set up. Give it a try.

Beach Mode
Noise Cancel
Manual Ground Balance
Volume 25
50 Tones t1 1, t2 20
Nothing notched out, Horseshoe button ON
Speed 4
Iron Bias Fe 4
Sensitivity 24

The merc was repeatable 2 ways, faint, ID bounced from 25 to 29. It was easily 9 inches, maybe a bit more.

With the Horseshoe button ON (depending on the site) you will hear a lot of iron, but I've grown accustomed to all noise. If I do get tired of it, I'll turn it OFF, but then turn up the threshold volume and listen for nulls to alert me of an area with a lot of iron. If I hear that, I slow WAY down and listen for faint high tones.

I need more time in the field with Beach Mode, but thought someone might want to give it a try.

1919 Merc

Silver Coin #248 since June 2017

Attachments

• 20200808_170955_copy_600x800.jpg
    20200808_170955_copy_600x800.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 328
  • 20200808_171009_copy_600x800.jpg
    20200808_171009_copy_600x800.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
I have tried beach mode in my mineralized iron infested mess and I enjoyed it a lot.
I find myself switching to it more and more and it does the job and finds stuff...easily.
When I use my F70 I usually hunt in all metal, have great fun and success doing that, and this is way closer to that experience than in park or field with the horseshoe on.

Interesting. Thinking about it now, I can say I have played with beach mode (on dirt), but have never really worked with it. Thanks for the specifics. Might be the key to yet another treasure from my hammered park.
Nice dig! Love those early Mercs!

I've been reading about using Beach Mode on land recently. Gave it a shot on the park that I cut my detecting teeth on. I've gone over this particular park dozens of times with 3 different machines. I was able to sqeak out an old merc with this set up. Give it a try.

Beach Mode
Noise Cancel
Manual Ground Balance
Volume 25
50 Tones t1 1, t2 20
Nothing notched out, Horseshoe button ON
Speed 4
Iron Bias Fe 4
Sensitivity 24

The merc was repeatable 2 ways, faint, ID bounced from 25 to 29. It was easily 9 inches, maybe a bit more.

With the Horseshoe button ON (depending on the site) you will hear a lot of iron, but I've grown accustomed to all noise. If I do get tired of it, I'll turn it OFF, but then turn up the threshold volume and listen for nulls to alert me of an area with a lot of iron. If I hear that, I slow WAY down and listen for faint high tones.

I need more time in the field with Beach Mode, but thought someone might want to give it a try.

1919 Merc

Silver Coin #248 since June 2017

I mentioned using B2 while dirt digging the other day. It's the best mode for dirt digging using the Nox, I have found so far. I will try B1 at some point. I've found overall, B2 is deeper than either Park or Field setting.

Back
Top Bottom