Sending in the gold, RESULTS ARE IN, see post #30

The Traveler

I haven't sent in any gold since early 2011 when it was at $1,500. Didn't have enough to send any in 2012, then hoarded it all because the price was too low.

Now it is time to unload some. This is about 40% of my stash. It is all the rings that have inscriptions, such that I can't sell them as jewelry.

I boxed it up when gold was $1,978, I hope it is still close to that by the time the package gets to Midwest (should be Wednesday). Right now it is $1,970.40.

I calculate I should get $4,104. That is after downgrading everything 0.5k and correcting for Midwest's percentage.

Wish me luck, I will keep you updated.

Attachments

• gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 733
Last edited:
Good Luck! Keep us informed..

My silver is ready, going to hold for a few more days..

NICE! Hopefully you'll be close or greater than your expectations.

Thanks all. hoping the prices don't crash in the next 4-5 days.

Compass, I may have earned it all, but wading in a tropical paradise doesn't seem like a lot of work.

RAT FINK, This will pay off all the equipment I've bought and a couple years of the rent at the condo we stay. I wouldn't say lucrative, but if I can break even on costs (including the travel) I am a happy man (with a happy wife).

Paying a few years of the rent off on a rental condo with $4,100 ? Is it a cardboard condo ?

Not only is there some lag time for the final price, which like you said it can be the lowest price during this timeframe,.....the biggest factor can be the final melt value. That can be a surprise as well and you loose a little if you didnt figure it in troy ounces.... since it takes more grams to make a troy ounce.

Back
Top Bottom