quad barbers; 11 silvers this morning

randy

Forum Supporter
What an amazing hunt this morning. Haven’t been out much lately due to the heat and life, but got out today before the crack of 8 AM, and first target, in about 10 minutes, was a barber dime, up against a big low conductor target that made pinpointing and TID awkward. Soon another barber with a merc in the same hole, and then 2 quarters, all in under an hour. Unbelievable. I haven’t had a six pack in forever, and I wanted one today.

Next keeper dig was my 3rd quarter in a row, giving me the six pack, and then things slowed down somewhat; a few wheats then a slam dunk rosie putting me at 7.

My goal was to hunt for three hours this morning, and at about the three hour mark, I hit another deep iffy signal which is iron most of the time, but it was the 1897 barber, maybe 8 inches down.

Once I was at 8 silvers for the day, I was going for 10, even tho it was time to go home. Just something in the air today, very little EMI for some reason, and the deep iffys which always seem to be iron were silvers this time.

Hit a rosie then another deep iffy, which was the really thin barber (1899), giving me my first double digit day since 1/31/13.

I wanted to finish out the whole section I was working, but I was shot; stupid me, I forgot my water. So I just gridded out the last rank I was working and hit another deep merc on the way out.

I’ve been really thinking about getting a Nox lately, but the way this trusty E-Trac is treating me, I’m not sure. I think she is jealous :)

Total hunt time 3:45. I don’t think I’ve ever hit 3 silvers per hour, but I was close today.

This was about my 6th or 7th hunt at this site, usually somewhat stingy giving a silver at 1 per 1-2 hours, but one day it gave me 5 silvers. I’ll never figure this hobby out.

Thanks for looking and HH everyone.

Attachments

• 080220z.jpg
    080220z.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 507
  • 080220.jpg
    080220.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 497
Stingy giving up only 1 silver every hour or so!!! Some people have it rough I tell you!!! Great hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a huge day for sure! Looking at the dates on your silvers, it looks like people have been dropping coins there for 50 years. Curious- do you ever dig any clad there or only old stuff? With all that silver, there has to be wheaties everywhere. I would suspect that the human activity was or is significant so there has to be trash too. You must be a pretty physically fit individual. At my current wheat and copper memorial to silver ratio, digging 11 silvers would mean I dig north of 60 coins. Throw in the trash, the deep falsing bent nails, a couple of screw caps and the irresistible nickel (pull tab) signals, I would be plumb worn out, not to mention totally dehydrated . Anyone who thinks detecting is for fat old retired guys never had a day like that.

Great hunt! I'm jealous!

Sent while sweeping and beeping using Tapatalk

Double dime trifecta, outstanding ! What a silver score. Congrats. The only dime trifecta I got was a double dime back in 2016. Came close a couple times but no cigar. Looks to be a great site, and yea hit it again. Good luck Mark

Hey Chester county. I’m so jealous. Just tell me it wasn’t a park! It was a private permission right ? Right?

Thanks all. Once every few years everyone should have dream hunt.

Site is public property slated for development but not a park.

Looking at the dates on your silvers, it looks like people have been dropping coins there for 50 years. Curious- do you ever dig any clad there or only old stuff? With all that silver, there has to be wheaties everywhere. I would suspect that the human activity was or is significant so there has to be trash too. You must be a pretty physically fit individual. At my current wheat and copper memorial to silver ratio, digging 11 silvers would mean I dig north of 60 coins.

I found only 2 clad coins. I found 9 wheaties. I generally ignore clad and wheatie signals unless they are deep. I ignored many wheaties but only a couple of clad signals. No clad quarter signals. It is almost as if the competition cherrypicked everything but the silvers :shock: It was sort of surreal. As for being physically fit, I used to be fine for 8-12 hour hunts, now I drag at 3 hours. I generally cut it there because it makes me lazy and lose focus after 3 or so in this heat. I need to get back to where I can do 8-12 hours again.

I dug 22 coins overall. 90% of the trash I dig is iron, as was the case yesterday. My general ratio is 2.5 wheaties to silver, and 5% of coins dug are silver. I was way ahead of that on that hunt.

All the targets were really deep. I just think I had an inch or two on the competition for some reason, or more likely, just blind luck.

Back
Top Bottom