• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Two more .925's this morning

Chuck B

It's been unusually dry and hot here, so much so I have not hit any private property or well maintained sports areas for fear of killing the grass. That said, I did get out early this morning to hit a local park, thought being to look for fresh drops and hit well traveled areas that look terrible all the time. I got about $1.70 in clad and these two .925 rings in 2 hours. Thats my 16th and 17th ring for the year (2 gold, 6 silver and 9 junk). Needless to say I will be back, just hoping for some much needed rain. Thanks for looking and HH.

Attachments

• IMG_8750.jpg
    IMG_8750.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_8751.jpg
    IMG_8751.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 233
Very nice finds, congrats. I know what your saying about the grass dying, we have had to refrain from hunting some spots as the plugs dry out so fast.

Very nice!
Tom

Thanks Tom

Congrats on a great hunt!

Thank you.

Very nice finds, congrats. I know what your saying about the grass dying, we have had to refrain from hunting some spots as the plugs dry out so fast.

It's finally raining here today, hopefully its a soaker.

Double SILVER, congrats

Thanks Muddy ! Both hit it the penny range. Ironically enough I didn't dig any pennies that day, lol. The hunt I did the day before I mostly dug pennies, over 50 ! I did find a ring but it was junk.

Good call on finding a place to search, where your digging wouldn't hurt anything. Nice double ring hunt; bumping your success rate up!
So, were the rings fresh drops, then?

So, were the rings fresh drops, then?

The larger one was, it was near the surface, solid 19 on Nox every direction and screamed when I pinpointed. The smaller one turned out to be a "vintage" .925 Avon twisted rope (I looked it up). That one was about 4 inches down, it rang up solid 18 and was tarnished a bit.

Back
Top Bottom