detech coil to work on both Sovereign and Excalibur

caterpillar

hello

I recently bought a very old Minelab The Sovereign which is fine. Might need a newer cable to attach aftermarket batterypack because its sound goes away in a certain position. It has an 8" coinsearch coil. THen last week a Minelab Excalibur 1000 (2006) arrived but due to its age, the coil cable has been split up completely from start to end.
I already took the coil off, desoldered the wires of the circuit board and ordered a Detech 12x10 coil. I was actually planning on buying it for my Sovereign but the secondhand Excal came up suddenly. So my idea was to install a connector either in the end cap or on a bit of cable below the end cap so I can also use the Detech on the excalibur (since it's now without coil (heavy too) and the original 10" coil itself is not something I see myself repairing).
I do have the resin to fill up the end cap again and i think it must be possible to solder wires coming from a connector in a way that Detech works on my Excal.. just need to hear it from someone else that it is :D

I found the wiring chart for Detech SEF where one states pin 1 : black, pin 2: grey but then somewhere else it seemed turned around.
My Excal has a red, black, white and yellow cable on tb, ta, gnd2 and rxa.

Am quite small and light myself so i was also looking at new shaft to make it all lighter but not sure if it will actually help. Maybe just to hang the unit on myself like i did with Sovereign. And buy a lighter shaft afterall. Don't know.
I just don't know where to stop with all the mods i see now that I got into the older detectors :roll:

Back
Top Bottom