Harbor freight tumbler

L0S3R

Elite Member
With the dual barrel harbor freight tumbler. Is it necessary to load both barrels every time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems to run better with both drums on it. I fill one of them with about the same weight in just water, if I dont need both.

It seems to run better with both drums on it. I fill one of them with about the same weight in just water, if I dont need both.

Ok cool, that’s all I needed to know. Just ordered 1 but I’ve only ever had single drum tumblers.

I always put both barrels in while tumbling, but both do not have to be full. I sometimes run one empty barrel, and one about half full. I've had my dual HF tumbler for quite a few years, definitely worth the few bucks!

Agree with Stiffwrists and Cellardweller. Run both tubs. I used one once and had it walk itself off the track. It only did it the one time but it does not hurt to just put both on.

Thanks y’all! I just wasn’t sure if they both needed loaded or not. I’ve been using an old cheap Walmart tumbler but it finally wore a hole. Been looking at the dual tumbler for awhile now.

I use the same Lortone tumbler I've had since 1984 and it's still going strong. If I only have enough coins for one barrel I use just the one.

Last edited:
I just cancelled my Harbor Freight order for a dual tumbler. Ordered a week ago but it has never shipped. I then placed order with Cabelas using retailmenot and veteran's discount. It will be here Tuesday

I am a big Harbor Freight fan but I will NEVER order from their website again. I ordered a tumbler and an extra belt back on May 11th. When I ordered it I was told there would be a 1-2 week delay due to the increased demand on their system which I was fine with. Since then I have not heard anything from them. I emailed their customer service last week to see if I can cancel the order and the lady told me that I could not, but instead I could refuse delivery once it was shipped. Basically she was zero help, if it was shipped, we wouldn't be having this conversation. I am giving them until the end of this week and I am going to my credit card company and cancelling the transaction. If you are considering buying one of these tumblers, I highly suggest you go buy it in the store and steer clear of their website. :mad:

I am a big Harbor Freight fan but I will NEVER order from their website again. I ordered a tumbler and an extra belt back on May 11th. When I ordered it I was told there would be a 1-2 week delay due to the increased demand on their system which I was fine with. Since then I have not heard anything from them. I emailed their customer service last week to see if I can cancel the order and the lady told me that I could not, but instead I could refuse delivery once it was shipped. Basically she was zero help, if it was shipped, we wouldn't be having this conversation. I am giving them until the end of this week and I am going to my credit card company and cancelling the transaction. If you are considering buying one of these tumblers, I highly suggest you go buy it in the store and steer clear of their website. :mad:

I know they aren't everywhere but we have several stores in my area so I never had a need to order online from them...after many complaints like yours I don't think I would even want to.
Just bought a new pair of hunting gloves from them the other day.

I know they aren't everywhere but we have several stores in my area so I never had a need to order online from them...after many complaints like yours I don't think I would even want to.
Just bought a new pair of hunting gloves from them the other day.

I ordered these during the lock down and was perfectly fine with waiting a couple of weeks as it was perfectly understandable. Yesterday was 5 weeks. Not cool. I run my own e-commerce website and if I treated my customers like this I'd be out of business. Not to mention people would be dragging me through the mud on social media. They are a big company and the lack of response is very disappointing.

Funny we’re talking tumblers. Last night for the first time ever, mine leaked as I left it on all night. I’m guessing a little tighter next time.:mad:

So an update on my HF Tumbler order. I emailed them again complaining about the lack or response and outlining how long I have been waiting for my order. I asked them to please provide a tracking number or cancel the order. Apparently they are not making much progress at HF fulfilling orders. The last time I enquired I got an actual response, this time I get this...... keep in mind, I ordered almost 6 weeks ago. At this point I am ready to just go buy one at the store. If/when they ever decide to ship it, I’ll have a spare. :mad:

Thank you for contacting Harbor Freight Tools.

Due to unusually high volumes, we are experiencing some delays in processing all requests.

If you emailed us about Order Status, we are sorry that your order had not yet shipped at the time of your email.

We want to assure you that we have been working to fulfill all orders as quickly as possible, and will send an email confirmation as soon ans the item(s) ship.

Please accept our apology for the delay and we thank you for your patience.

Sincerely

Harbor Freight Customer Support

Glad to hear others weigh in on the two barrel run regardless of actually using both, I was curious myself.

I upgraded to the dual HF tumbler recently, and went to my new local HF to buy it. I was running a cheap toy tumbler I bought for $3 from Goodwill many years ago. Now I can load my pennies in one barrel and the rest of the clad into the 2nd barrel without fear of pink/discolored coins, or running two loads every time.

The HF website fulfillment even normally is awful. Sorry to hear Diabolik that they have given you even longer times than I thought possible. Best of luck for a speedy resolve getting it all sorted out.

I've purchased from the HF website over the years when I have to, and each time is beyond slow typically 2-3 weeks until I got a email the order was finally shipping on in stock items even. When possible I bought from middlemen selling HF items on eBay (who buy the stuff local) the markup to get the item within days after ordering. Until just the last few months the closest HF for me was a 118 mile trip one-way.

Often the tumbler belts that come with it are garbage. They admit it too as they included 5 spare belts with mine and only one is used at a time. I found a recommendation for thicker round belts (o-ring style) that hold up much longer, and some claim years later they are on the same belt. For now though I don't have enough clad to worry about trying it out.

I buy a TON of stuff online both for personal use and to supply my shop for our e-commerce site. I buy from a lot of vendors both big and small. I cannot recall the last time I have had an issue like I have seen with HF's fulfillment service. I am a huge HF fan, but I will NEVER use their site again. Buyer beware.....

The good news - after almost 6 weeks they have shipped my tumbler.

The bad news - I received a second charge from them this morning followed by another Fedex tracking number. Looks like I'll be getting two tumblers.......

I buy a TON of stuff online both for personal use and to supply my shop for our e-commerce site. I buy from a lot of vendors both big and small. I cannot recall the last time I have had an issue like I have seen with HF's fulfillment service. I am a huge HF fan, but I will NEVER use their site again. Buyer beware.....

The good news - after almost 6 weeks they have shipped my tumbler.

The bad news - I received a second charge from them this morning followed by another Fedex tracking number. Looks like I'll be getting two tumblers.......
Hopefully you'll be sending the second tumbler back. Lousy customer service made worse by sending and charging you for something you didn't order......

Hopefully you'll be sending the second tumbler back. Lousy customer service made worse by sending and charging you for something you didn't order......

So this ended up working out in the end. Turns out the second package was the spare belt I ordered (not realizing it already came with 5) LOL Came from a second warehouse in a box almost as big as the tumbler itself. Obviously they are 6 weeks behind as these items were shipped on the same day from 2 locations which is crazy. I went back and reviewed the charges and the reason that I got charged again was because their initial request for payment sat so long that it expired, so I got one charge and one tumbler. All is good!

I like the build quality of the tumbler, seems like it should last a while with some basic care. I was running all of my pennies in it last night and it seems to be cleaning them up pretty well. I've been using a mix of crushed walnut shells and gritty kitty littler.

Yes, the barrel cap it a little bit of a PIA. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom