Garrett Service

diggin4clad

Elite Member
For the first time in 38 years I've had to send a detector in for service. My Ace 400 backup detector developed an issue with the buttons sticking so I sent it in for repair while it was still under warranty. They received it on August 3rd and I got it back today August 10th. It works just like new and they even sent me four brand new batteries, a new camlock, and a new mounting screw for the coil.....none of which were needed but it was nice that they included them. I've always read that Garrett's service was top-notch and this confirms it.

I have had my AT Max since July 20th and the rubber on the inside of the armrest is falling off. I just don't want to be without my Max , sending in for repairs.

Hmmm, sent my ProPoiter AT in for warranty repair on 7/23. Tracking showed it was delivered to them on 7/26. I called for an update a few days later and was told it was being worked on. Called again a week later and was told it was done and would be shipped out the next day and i should get an email with tracking. Another week went by with no email, so i called again today and was told it was sent back to me on 8/5. I had to ask for the tracking number. I still havent received it and absolutely zero email communication from them about receiving it, repair status, etc during the process...i had to reach out to them. Not what i would call stellar CS.

Hmmm, sent my ProPoiter AT in for warranty repair on 7/23. Tracking showed it was delivered to them on 7/26. I called for an update a few days later and was told it was being worked on. Called again a week later and was told it was done and would be shipped out the next day and i should get an email with tracking. Another week went by with no email, so i called again today and was told it was sent back to me on 8/5. I had to ask for the tracking number. I still havent received it and absolutely zero email communication from them about receiving it, repair status, etc during the process...i had to reach out to them. Not what i would call stellar CS.

That's certainly not good to hear. Hope you get the situation taken care of.

Well, the OP had a 7 day turn around for a detector. Im going on 3 weeks for a pinpointer. I only shared my experience because it was different than the OP. According to Garrett my pinpointer has been in FedEx possession since 8/5. But had i not called i wouldnt have known since they never bothered to keep me updated...not once.

Im not mad or hating on Garrett. Im happy they stand behind their warranty. Just sharing my experience.

Back
Top Bottom