What "good" targets have you not dug or can't?

MuddyMo

Forum Supporter
I was reading a thread about a guy finding a rosy in his yard. I thought about never finding silver in my new yard but then remembered a really promising high tone I got last year. About 6" down I hit a big r3-4". My TRX said it was straight below it. I dug all the way around it but it wasn't under but in it. Too big of a root to cut and hurt the tree for a coin. I'll always wonder what it is.

I got a very nice high tone in a gravel road but it was an old gravel road. Said it was 6 inches, nice and tight sounded like a silver quarter, not large like garbage. There was no way I could chip my way down that gravel

Theres a signal in a tree root out in the middle of the woods near one of my hunting sites. It hits copper penny range, so I havent broken my back over it yet. Someday I'll try to get it out probably. Sure was tough walking away from it when I first found it though.

I have had a few signals i have dug down to only to find out the copper was way to big to move. So it is waiting til i get rich andd buy a excavator:laughing:

I was going to see if I could find some targets where they had removed an old sidewalk. It turned out that they had laid it on a bed of cinders and i couldn't get any reading with any of my detectors. I decided to try a grassy area next to it. My first reading said a dime at three inches. I thought it might be a Mercury but was surprised when it turned out to be a Barber. I walked about ten feet and got a reading like the first. I couldn't believe it, another Barber. I walked into the shade of a wall and got another reading like the other two. With my hopes up I began to dig. The ground was frozen in the shade. I gave up after about ten minutes. I came back later in the year and never could find the signal again.

35 signal with the equinox 800. Under mountain laurel roots. May be nothing, but ill return in the fall with loppers. Never had a 35 signal be for. Nox users please tell me if its worth excavating

When I had my 800 I dug a 7” Walker with a reading of 35. I’d be digging a number like that ALL day. I recall it very distinctly.

Local curb strip. High tone on my Sovereign GT. Four inches down there was a tree root about four inches in diameter with about an inch and a half of clearance between it and the next root. It took me nearly 40 minutes of careful digging to get to that mercury dime.

Great thread! I specifically remember a distinct silver quarter signal near the base of an old dead bush. The roots were so dense and intertwined they were almost like concrete...broke the tip of my lesche and I had to walk away from it. Maybe I'll go take another whack at it this weekend...

Back
Top Bottom