Minelab Equinox 800 and pairing Apple Airpod Pros

Underworld

I just got the machine yesterday, but I cannot for the life of me.. to get these paired, anyone have any tips or luck doing the same?

Thanks in advance!

Out of curiosity how do Airpods work with the 'Nox? Do they sound good? Lag?

Last night I tried every single thing I could think of to get the Equinox connected to my Airpods Pro. Disabled my iphones bluetooth, and my iwatch. Started the detector in pairing mode first, then the Airpods, still absolutely no way to connect with the MD. I heard word of people able to connect standard Airpods.. I also did a factory reset on the MD and the Airpods, still nothing. I'm open to any ideas. I spent a lot on these and they are my absolute favorite ear buds for music, and phone calls.. it would be a dream come true if I can add the Equinox to the list!

latency-chart.jpg

The Nox uses apt-X Low Latency, apt-X, SBC headphones. Airpods are Bluetooth 5 and my Jaybirds are 4.1. I contacted Jaybirds and they weren't compatible with apt-x output.

How to pair AirPods generation with equinox 800

How to pair AirPods generation with equinox 800.
Make sure your equinox 800 Firmware is up to date, same for Airpods.
This works for AirPods Gen one & two, and AirPods Pro.

1. With equinox on, hold the top right Bluetooth/Wi-Fi button on the detector in until the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth icon turns into the WiFi icon (looks like a slice of pie with concentric lines), and the unit beeps.
2. With the AirPods in the AirPod Case, open the lid, and push the small round button in the back of the case until the led inside the case flashes white To indicate it is in pairing mode.
3. Hold the open AirPod Case within a few inches of the equinox 800 display.

after a few seconds the Wi-Fi icon on the metal detector will change to the Bluetooth icon (without the plus symbol to the right of it). Within a few seconds of that you will see the AirPods pair to the equinox 800. You will see the Bluetooth symbol and a symbol for your earphones. You are done.

Back
Top Bottom