New member from Northwest Alabama

Darinputman

I just recently joined the forum after lurking for a while. I'm from Killen, Alabama. Just a few miles north of Florence. Started back hunting recently after a few years off and really enjoying it. Only detectors I've ever used is a tesoro silver sabre and a tiger shark at present. I have been able to learn a lot this go round thanks to the internet and forums like this
I have thought about getting me one of those new garrett detectors though, the apex. I'm just amazed at all it can do.

Thanks everyone! Dflan 83 if things ever slow down enough to plan would be great. Most of my hunting is got a couple hours and sun going down grab my detector and my youngest son and go. I hit the woods weekend before last and am on the tale end of a pretty good case of chiggers. The story of my life, don't get poison oak but chiggers always find me. Been that way since I was a kid. I do try and use spray but I don't think they make one that works.

The story of my life, don't get poison oak but chiggers always find me. Been that way since I was a kid. I do try and use spray but I don't think they make one that works.

Try powdered sulfur in an old sock. Dust it around your legs and waist line. The little buggers hate it as much as I hate them. 1lb. powdered sulfur less than $10 from Amazon. Not getting Red Bugs is priceless.

Oh and welcome from TN. I'm new too.

Ken

Lot of people interested in how the Apex will shake out. Garrett is a great company and have top engineers. Anyway, buy one, if you don't like it it will likely hold its resale value and you can sell it and buy another model.

Thanks for the powdered sulfer tip will give it a try. Got tired of waiting for the apex to start shipping decided To go with the nox 800, waterproof and multi frequency being a big plus for me. A bit different from my tesoro, but think I'm gonna like it.

Back
Top Bottom