• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Coinstar gold !

🤣That's hilarious!🤣 the ex-wife worked for a nonprofit for almost 20 years. Guess what they talked about in weekly meetings ? 🤣 Making a profit ! At the annual xmas party the president would get up in front of 1000 people and talk about what ? Yup...making a profit !!!
Nonprofit is a tax scam...
That’s why I said mentioned legitimate. 35 years with a CU and never a fee for anything. That’s what matters.

Let me once again relate the story of a local bank here. About 5 years ago I signed up with X bank. “Free” checking, free this and that. Signed up and $50 to start, back when I was roll hunting. My account remained idle and within six months I had zero balance. Haven’t been in a greedy bank since.

That’s why I said mentioned legitimate. 35 years with a CU and never a fee for anything. That’s what matters.

Let me once again relate the story of a local bank here. About 5 years ago I signed up with X bank. “Free” checking, free this and that. Signed up and $50 to start, back when I was roll hunting. My account remained idle and within six months I had zero balance. Haven’t been in a greedy bank since.

I have a fairly large bank balance collected dust... they pay me exactly $0.01 interest a month. If I do any sort of purchase or transaction they charge me $1.50 minimum.... every quarter they pay stock owners 10% dividends.
What a joke system.

Who's to say what's legitimate anymore. Don't be fooled by the term nonprofit. If you can't profit , you're not going to be in "business" very long. Employees , buildings , supplies, etc. It all adds up. So who pays for that ? The city , state , feds , taxpayers ? That's where the tax scam comes into play. A true nonprofit would have free donated supplies and materials. Tellers would not take a paycheck. They would do it for free.

Opening a new account and getting free stuff , then not using it ? Really ? That's not the idea behind it. I would have canceled you out too ! They don't want nor need people that are a "zero" in their book. You wouldn't want it in your business either...

Who's to say what's legitimate anymore. Don't be fooled by the term nonprofit. If you can't profit , you're not going to be in "business" very long. Employees , buildings , supplies, etc. It all adds up. So who pays for that ? The city , state , feds , taxpayers ? That's where the tax scam comes into play. A true nonprofit would have free donated supplies and materials. Tellers would not take a paycheck. They would do it for free.

Opening a new account and getting free stuff , then not using it ? Really ? That's not the idea behind it. I would have canceled you out too ! They don't want nor need people that are a "zero" in their book. You wouldn't want it in your business either...
The greedy bank said no fees, then drained the account. Nice side stepping my entire point, banks and their greedy fees. No fees with my credit union, including use of their coin counter.

The greedy bank said no fees, then drained the account. Nice side stepping my entire point, banks and their greedy fees. No fees with my credit union, including use of their coin counter.

I gotta think the majority of CUs are on the up and up. Banks , not so much. They have so many ways of sticking it to ya. I've always thought of them and credit cards as a form of legalized loan sharking.

I gotta think the majority of CUs are on the up and up. Banks , not so much. They have so many ways of sticking it to ya. I've always thought of them and credit cards as a form of legalized loan sharking.

Don't forget the idea of the "tax refund."

I have been in a constant battle with Vystar Banks. Their machines have 2 interior reject trays. TWO! And they are always full. At one I heard coins fall without registering and all I was depositing were half dollars and I demanded they open the machine and there were 11 of my halves in these trays. I demanded the entire contents and they refused but enough yelling to get everybody’s attention got me the pile.

I keep asking why all of the rejects are not returned and they do not answer me. They tell me they are audited and must keep them.

Once I pulled out my rejected coins from the outside tray and burned my hand badly enough to blister it. Somehow those coins came out blazing hot. Never got an explanation.

I have been in a constant battle with Vystar Banks. Their machines have 2 interior reject trays. TWO! And they are always full. At one I heard coins fall without registering and all I was depositing were half dollars and I demanded they open the machine and there were 11 of my halves in these trays. I demanded the entire contents and they refused but enough yelling to get everybody’s attention got me the pile.

I keep asking why all of the rejects are not returned and they do not answer me. They tell me they are audited and must keep them.

Once I pulled out my rejected coins from the outside tray and burned my hand badly enough to blister it. Somehow those coins came out blazing hot. Never got an explanation.
Be careful with raising a stink. They’ll have no problem shutting down your account, no matter how much of their money you have in that account.

Hmmm, an interesting story, and one that parallels what Coinstar is doing.

Coincidence? Or is there some objective this bank and Coinstar is trying to achieve? Hmmmm, sounds like there might be more than just greed going on here? Like some unspoken mandate to remove "old" coins from circulation?

Back
Top Bottom