Shortage of coins in circulation due to virus

If anything, There should be a shortage of paper , with the length of the receipt you get when buying with cash or credit/debit. It’s rediculous !

There's always a paper shortage at the gas pumps -- I have about a one in five chance of actually getting a receipt. Lazy -------!!! OOPS family friendly. Lazy...bums, yeah that's what I meant to say. :roll:

I have 13 pounds of coins in just one plastic peanut bottle, out of 6 others with a mix quarters dimes and nickels. Did you have just a zip lock or real pounds to hand into them at the cashier with a total at checkup? I don't mean to sound sporty. I'd really like to know because if I took just one 13 pound container of pennies and had big hassles...that would bite! If I have been wrong all this time by being shy at WalMarts checkouts with 13lb bottles of coins? I will feel embarrassed. I'd heard way to many reports that businesses didn't want the manpower required for such large coin payments.

Anybody here used large amounts of coins at say, a Walmart? Ten pounds say, for example?

I plan to simply go into my local Walmart and ask, BEFORE. I haul in even 13 pounds from my 87pounds I have.
Walmart is crooks go to a grocery store and use a coinstar unless you dislike being charged 12% for using it. Maybe coin roll it all?

Walmart is crooks go to a grocery store and use a coinstar unless you dislike being charged 12% for using it. Maybe coin roll it all?
All Coinstars charge the fee. Credit unions normally don’t. Unfortunately, some are inaccessible due to the govt shutdown.

I won't pay 12%, and I won't spend the effort and time and expense of rolling coins, PLUS my CU still charges 5% even afterwards. Add this...Coinstar gets bad reviews for the accuracy in their counts. With over 80lbs of cleaned coins, I will just not trust a CStar.

Main point right now is that there is this "supposed coin shortage." All I want is zero fee. I'll gladly skip any extra 5% payback as some peeps have said they are seeing. Just give me the face value. Otherwise, I stand on my sandbox. There isn't a real coin shortage.

I won't pay 12%, and I won't spend the effort and time and expense of rolling coins, PLUS my CU still charges 5% even afterwards. Add this...Coinstar gets bad reviews for the accuracy in their counts. With over 80lbs of cleaned coins, I will just not trust a CStar.

Main point right now is that there is this "supposed coin shortage." All I want is zero fee. I'll gladly skip any extra 5% payback as some peeps have said they are seeing. Just give me the face value. Otherwise, I stand on my sandbox. There isn't a real coin shortage.

I know there's no shortage, how about pumping those coins in a self pay machine at a store? I do this also. It's the best.( No fees).

I know there's no shortage, how about pumping those coins in a self pay machine at a store? I do this also. It's the best.( No fees).

I have these pennies alone, the weights on top are pounds. I also have another two just like it, still pennies. Then there is the remainder all in nickels dimes and quarters.

Honestly. Do you feed pennies into a coin slot to pay a grocery bill? That has to be a hassle and uncomfortable to the staff there. This sheer amount I have just makes that idea silly. I asked once at a retailer about a faster feed than the coin slot routine. Nope, the coin feed slot was all there was.

I'm not sure what would be more intimidating. Feeding pounds of clad into a slim coin slot in a busy store, or just taking the loss in a Coinstar or rolling 87lbs of loose coins.

Seriously though. Do you really stand and hand feed coins into a coin slot, of any amounts? I just can't see doing that myself, unless it is for a small amount.

Attachments

• 56853FAD-94A1-4360-AE6A-3564BDD6DD97.jpeg
    56853FAD-94A1-4360-AE6A-3564BDD6DD97.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 181
All self pay checkouts in many stores will now only accept plastic, because of the “coin shortage” :lol: yes I know.

I have these pennies alone, the weights on top are pounds. I also have another two just like it, still pennies. Then there is the remainder all in nickels dimes and quarters.

Honestly. Do you feed pennies into a coin slot to pay a grocery bill? That has to be a hassle and uncomfortable to the staff there. This sheer amount I have just makes that idea silly. I asked once at a retailer about a faster feed than the coin slot routine. Nope, the coin feed slot was all there was.

I'm not sure what would be more intimidating. Feeding pounds of clad into a slim coin slot in a busy store, or just taking the loss in a Coinstar or rolling 87lbs of loose coins.

Seriously though. Do you really stand and hand feed coins into a coin slot, of any amounts? I just can't see doing that myself, unless it is for a small amount.

Yes I will buy two items only and hand feed the slot

There's always a paper shortage at the gas pumps -- I have about a one in five chance of actually getting a receipt. Lazy -------!!! OOPS family friendly. Lazy...bums, yeah that's what I meant to say. :roll:

You’re preaching to the choir when it comes to pay at the pump. I have to go inside to get a receipt most times and ask “ why do I pay at the pump and have to come inside for a receipt?” The normal response is “ sorry”

You’re preaching to the choir when it comes to pay at the pump. I have to go inside to get a receipt most times and ask “ why do I pay at the pump and have to come inside for a receipt?” The normal response is “ sorry”
Curious as to why you need a receipt, a company work vehicle? I drove commercial for 25 years and never had to produce a receipt.

I start to have a "Falling Down" moment every time it happens. :mad: I ask myself "Why am I a) having to roll up windows and lock car b) go inside and c) wait in line to get a receipt?" You can chew the kid a new one but they don't care. I emailed one particularly bad station, and they actually offered "compensation." I just told them keep the paper full. They did. For a week. >sigh<

Lately I don't bother going in, too much polluted air in there.

AMC, I get receipts because I'm old school keeping track. Also I scribble down miles I got on the tank to calculate mpg. And with new-fangled car, I scribble down mpg it claimed for the tank as well.

Back
Top Bottom