My First Ring !

uga_bob

Forum Supporter
Did some hunting today at my old (now abandoned) middle school. I hated that place so I figured it owed me something. Was pretty brutal but found a handful of 1960's clad coins and my first ring. The ring was in the old athletic field. Anybody think this has any value or is it just costume ? No markings that I can find.

Attachments

• ring1.jpg
    ring1.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 159
  • ring2.jpg
    ring2.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 162
  • ring3.jpg
    ring3.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 157
  • ring4.jpg
    ring4.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 163
Thanks

Congrats on your first ring anyway! Sorry to say, since it does not have any markings and being that new and clean looking, it is probably costume.

figured as much.. but at least i think i found a very target rich area.

Your pictures are blurry. But from that 3rd pix, it almost looks like I see some scuff marks inside there. Which usually means costume jewelry. Because gold, plat, and silver don't get those type scuffs.

Another way to tell is the weight . If it feels light-weight, that a sign of costume jewelry.

But hopefully it's real. Because if it is gold or plat, then that green stone looks like a valuable emerald or something .

Thank you

Your pictures are blurry. But from that 3rd pix, it almost looks like I see some scuff marks inside there. Which usually means costume jewelry. Because gold, plat, and silver don't get those type scuffs.

Another way to tell is the weight . If it feels light-weight, that a sign of costume jewelry.

But hopefully it's real. Because if it is gold or plat, then that green stone looks like a valuable emerald or something .

It's not super light, but i think it probably is costume. Going to take it to a jeweler just in case.

Back
Top Bottom