Trip to Colorado, parks there were loaded with clad

Splix76

I just finished a trip to Colorado and was able to detect two parks in and around the metro Denver area. These parks were loaded with clad mostly, however I did find two coins worth sharing.

I found a 64 rosie and a bicentennial half dollar. Both were added to my collection after cleaning. The half dollar was so corroded before I tumbled it I was going to just turn it in, it came out looking good considering. The rosie was dented, but is otherwise in GREAT condition. I also tumbled the rosie due to the dent and crustyness of it, it came out looking new.
coins1.jpg
coins2.jpg

I didn't take before pictures as I assumed these were just turn in coins prior to the tumbling.

Clad is the "new pulltabs and foil". Not sure about the parks you were hitting, but where I'm at, it seems they got hammered hard in the 1980s to '90s. Then when silver got thinned out, and all the easy-gimme deepies were cherry-picked, then the hardcore guys turned to other types hunting. And thus for the next 20 -ish years to the present day, no one was there thinning out the clad anymore. So I pity the poor fellow now, who shows up at some of our parks that used to be good "back in the day".

Clad is the "new pulltabs and foil". Not sure about the parks you were hitting, but where I'm at, it seems they got hammered hard in the 1980s to '90s. Then when silver got thinned out, and all the easy-gimme deepies were cherry-picked, then the hardcore guys turned to other types hunting. And thus for the next 20 -ish years to the present day, no one was there thinning out the clad anymore. So I pity the poor fellow now, who shows up at some of our parks that used to be good "back in the day".

Reminds me of fishing in local So.Cal waters. Years ago , when fishing wasn't that good for a few years , this is what happened : boat captains , deckhands and the landings were promoting the catching and eating of "trash" fish. These were like pacific mackerel , Catalina blue perch , etc. Because they were the only game in town and they new it. They posted these fish in their daily counts. On the boats , they would prepare them on the grill all sorts of different ways and try to sucker people into believing they tasted good. And many bought into it , thus perpetuating it further. All for their livelihood. Unfortunately , THE KOB does have some regrets.....a total farce....

Congrats! Which 2 parks did you detect? Did you sweep the entire parks?

I didn't detect even close to the entire area of either park.

Centennial Skate park east of the skate area and the Englewood Train park east of the river / swim area in the shade of trees.

I am sure there are many treasures left. The train park is the older park of the two.

Back
Top Bottom