• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

strange find in the woods

Bounder

I was out in a forest preserve yesterday trying to push my coin total to 900 for the year ( I now have 907) when I saw something in the trees. I had to push my way in to it and took a pic of it. I have to wonder why it is out there. The other 2 pics show where I was and how I protected my detector from the drizzle. I call it dedication , my wife calls it something else.

Attachments

• 1120191454.jpg
    1120191454.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 608
  • 1119191132a.jpg
    1119191132a.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 523
  • 1119191132.jpg
    1119191132.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 485
Nice BBQ. Light it up i would say. :D

Why it's there? That's the fun with hunting woods. Strangest things on the strangest place. Found me campfire spots with many booze bottles, homeless huts, oil cans, bikes buried, and spots with condoms and tissues all around.:laughing:

Maybe somebody just decided to hide it there to use again later. I'm always finding places in the woods where people were camped and left stuff. Even at the beach early on Monday mornings I find so many grills, chairs and tents. Out-of-towner tourists don't want to lug their stuff back home and just leave it. The park employees get a lot of free stuff, lol.

I was out in a forest preserve yesterday trying to push my coin total to 900 for the year ( I now have 907) when I saw something in the trees. I had to push my way in to it and took a pic of it. I have to wonder why it is out there. The other 2 pics show where I was and how I protected my detector from the drizzle. I call it dedication , my wife calls it something else.

When I was running an ACE 350, I used a showercap (which I collected from various hotels I stayed at, LOL) to protect the screen. worked fantastically. Eventually, I bought the rain wrap thing, but ultimately, it didn't work any better. The shower cap was awesome, because it had elastic.

Cheers,

Skippy

Maybe somebody just decided to hide it there to use again later. I'm always finding places in the woods where people were camped and left stuff. Even at the beach early on Monday mornings I find so many grills, chairs and tents. Out-of-towner tourists don't want to lug their stuff back home and just leave it. The park employees get a lot of free stuff, lol.

After a big weekend here with 200,000 people in the summer , trash and treasure abound. The dumpsters are full. Most is trashed. But , I could've competed with Walmart from all the beach chairs, bbq's , popup tents , boogie boards I've pulled out. Many used just 1x. So much so , I gave up. No where to store it all.

Back
Top Bottom