Can anyone lend a hand with some CTX Cellar Hole Settings?

North Shore

Ive gotten some good stuff at a cellar hole I found in the woods with my AT Pro, now its kind of quiet. I rarely find a site like this so now I'm trying to squeeze out some more harder targets and I have a CTX as well. I only have a pretty good park descrim pattern and it is pretty quiet at this site, obviously.

Any good settings someone could suggest? I have my CTX currently set up from a youtube video to sound like my AT Pro as thats what I'm used to, not all the flutey tunes of the CTX but would certainly like to learn that stuff to maximize the machine.

Thanks

Attachments

• 0607201935a.jpg
    0607201935a.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 230
If I was hunting a cellar hole, which I’m not...but if I were...Combined Tone Profile with Ferrous/Coin Target Separation and the Ferrous line set at 27. 300, 600, 900 and 1200khz across the top, 75khz in the Ferrous bin. Dig everything except what falls into the Ferrous bin. Auto +3 for stability. After a couple trips through, lower the Ferrous line to 32 for cleanup.
Let ‘er rip.

If I was hunting a cellar hole, which I’m not...but if I were...Combined Tone Profile with Ferrous/Coin Target Separation and the Ferrous line set at 27. 300, 600, 900 and 1200khz across the top, 75khz in the Ferrous bin. Dig everything except what falls into the Ferrous bin. Auto +3 for stability. After a couple trips through, lower the Ferrous line to 32 for cleanup.
Let ‘er rip.

I did basically that, maybe have the Ferrous line at 24 or so, whatever the default for 4 tone combined was. Found this 1801 Draped Bust on Saturday a foot down.

Attachments

• 0808201245~2.jpg
    0808201245~2.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 174
Do you think this LC was made into a tool of some kind such as a washer to hold down a slate panel roof or is the hole a bullet hole? Or is it simply holed to sew into clothing so it wouldn’t get lost? The hole looks pretty large, and being the VALUE of coins back then was actually the weight of the metal it was made of....what’s your opinion?
I’m in southern Wisconsin so finding something like that is basically impossible here, but it ain’t gonna keep me from trying!:lol: Even with the hole and beating that one has taken...it’s a beauty.

Do you think this LC was made into a tool of some kind such as a washer to hold down a slate panel roof or is the hole a bullet hole? Or is it simply holed to sew into clothing so it wouldn’t get lost? The hole looks pretty large, and being the VALUE of coins back then was actually the weight of the metal it was made of....what’s your opinion?
I’m in southern Wisconsin so finding something like that is basically impossible here, but it ain’t gonna keep me from trying!:lol: Even with the hole and beating that one has taken...it’s a beauty.

I've had a couple people say it was custom to nail a coin above the entry way to a house for good luck

Back
Top Bottom