Ring find/return!

Monkeywrangler2

DH spotted a Craigslist ad in our area from a man who said he had lost a sentimental ring in his back yard and could someone help him find it with a detector. As it was only a couple miles from home, we contacted him and offered to help. He accepted.

Picture a slighlty bigger 'n a postage stamp suburban fenced yard with bermuda grass. Man says he thinks the ring fell out of his pocket when he was moving his grill, but that he isn't sure. He described the ring as 'silver'. Ok, so we are looking for high tones, on the surface, and it was dropped last week.

I start the spiral by the porch, working my way along the fence, and DH starts working in front of the swing chair by the porch. We were there only about 5-10min when DH sings out "Found it".

As the gentleman had been a bit evasive on describing the ring we did not examine it closely. We both felt he was concerned we would either try to hide it or demand $$ from him for its recovery. Based on the Xterra 305 number it rang (8), we think it was either white gold or platinum, with a row of small diamonds. Clearly a wedding band...

So DH hollered out again that he had found it and held it up on his finger for all to see, and handed it over to the man when he came outside. The guy was very nice and genuinely happy to have the ring found. It was fun to hunt again, even briefly. And even better to help the guy get out of the doghouse from losing his ring!

Sorry no pics of the ring, though.

DH spotted a Craigslist ad in our area from a man who said he had lost a sentimental ring in his back yard and could someone help him find it with a detector. As it was only a couple miles from home, we contacted him and offered to help. He accepted.

Picture a slighlty bigger 'n a postage stamp suburban fenced yard with bermuda grass. Man says he thinks the ring fell out of his pocket when he was moving his grill, but that he isn't sure. He described the ring as 'silver'. Ok, so we are looking for high tones, on the surface, and it was dropped last week.

I start the spiral by the porch, working my way along the fence, and DH starts working in front of the swing chair by the porch. We were there only about 5-10min when DH sings out "Found it".

As the gentleman had been a bit evasive on describing the ring we did not examine it closely. We both felt he was concerned we would either try to hide it or demand $$ from him for its recovery. Based on the Xterra 305 number it rang (8), we think it was either white gold or platinum, with a row of small diamonds. Clearly a wedding band...

So DH hollered out again that he had found it and held it up on his finger for all to see, and handed it over to the man when he came outside. The guy was very nice and genuinely happy to have the ring found. It was fun to hunt again, even briefly. And even better to help the guy get out of the doghouse from losing his ring!

Sorry no pics of the ring, though.

Great job guys!! If you aren't on LMS you need to join up for sure.

It's a great feeling handing a recovered item back isn't it?

I had a recovery this week too... http://bit.ly/tWf9Aq

:goodpost:

Good work and with personal satisfaction

Congratulations on the find, I'm certain the owner is delighted to have the ring back in his pocket or where ever. Always a good feeling when you do such a thing.

ColoKid

Back
Top Bottom