Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > Lost and Found

Old 03-09-2011, 04:36 PM

Default lost wedding ring

Hi, I just lost my wedding ring (man's) today at Huguenot Park on the north side of the St. John's River in Jacksonville. When you drive on the beach and turn right toward the jetties we were parked where the beach begins to widen again as the ropes are set up to protect the turtle nests. If somebody can find it I'd be willing to give a reward of $50 or whatever you think is fair. If it's found I can give details of the appearance and even email a pic of it. Thanks!

Old 03-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by jagfanatic View post
Hi, I just lost my wedding ring (man's) today at Huguenot Park. When you drive on the beach and turn right toward the jetties we were parked where the beach begins to widen again as the ropes are set up to protect the turtle nests. If somebody can find it I'd be willing to give a reward of $50 or whatever you think is fair. If it's found I can give details of the appearance and even email a pic of it. Thanks!
Give a little more info for the members......................State, county etc........

Old 03-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by beerdoodle View post
Give a little more info for the members......................State, county etc........
the person wrote Jacksonville and Huguenot park.

Google is your friend
Huguenot Memorial Park 10980 Heckscher Drive Jacksonville, FL

Old 03-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by NHKeith View post
the person wrote Jacksonville and Huguenot park.

Google is your friend
Huguenot Memorial Park 10980 Heckscher Drive Jacksonville, FL
Too many beers. I usually dont start drinking til 5. I thought it said Jackson and Hugenuts Park...........

Old 03-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Elite Member

Hi Jag, try posting the info on http://www.lostmystuff.net/index.php they will send e-mails to our members who may be close. Good luck..

Old 03-09-2011, 05:33 PM

It had to be 5 somewhere beerdoodle. It's funny you say that because hugenuts is the nickname all the locals use. Anyway after a bad day it was good for a laugh, and thanks for that tip scout23!

Old 03-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Elite Member

Hey Jag, They have sent out the e-mail so I'm sure someone will contact you soon.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Elite Member

jagfanatic --

Our Group has 13 members in Florida so hopefully one of them will be able to help you out.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jagfanatic View post
Hi, I just lost my wedding ring (man's) today at Huguenot Park on the north side of the St. John's River in Jacksonville. When you drive on the beach and turn right toward the jetties we were parked where the beach begins to widen again as the ropes are set up to protect the turtle nests. If somebody can find it I'd be willing to give a reward of $50 or whatever you think is fair. If it's found I can give details of the appearance and even email a pic of it. Thanks!
Just saw your e-mail on lost my stuff, wish I was closer...I'm sure someone down your way will help....good luck...Curt

Old 03-10-2011, 09:41 AM

Thanks for all the help everybody. I think Jeremy112482 from the other thread may give it a shot.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Elite Member

Sounds good... Let us know how it goes !!

Old 03-13-2011, 11:59 AM

I just joined that website as a volunteer. I have lost items in the past and its nice to know there are still good people out there to help others, I would encourage others to join as well, this would do nothing but help out our hobby in the eyes of the doubters in our local and state government.....

Old 03-14-2011, 08:48 AM

Got out and tried but to no success. I'm not the best at the beach with my Ace so if anyone else can help please shoot him a pm. I didn't want to leave until I found it but had company coming in town.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Elite Member

Well it's great that you went out & tried to help him !!!

Oh -- And if you haven't joined already, we'd be glad to have you as a member of our Group!!!

Old 03-14-2011, 10:40 AM

Thanks Jeremy, even though you didn't find it I really appreciate your time and effort.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Elite Member

Location: Freeport, Panama City Beach, Santa Rosa Beach Florida
Default C'mon guys & gals, SOMEBODY help Steve

I just spoke with Steve, and he says that he knows where he lost the ring within a 20 x 20 foot area it sounds like. My wife and I contemplated running over to Jacksonville for a couple of days but with the price of diesel (it's like 300 miles from us) we just can't swing the trip. I called Steve back and gave him the number of a club in Jax. but I had to leave him a message. He said he would meet me and show me where he was parked that day when we were working out the details before we looked at what it would cost us to go over. There has to be someone in the Jax area that can help him. I also asked him if he had ever seen anyone MD'ing and he said he had at another beach but not this one. I suggested that he just look for someone with an MD on the beach and approach them.

I sure regret I can't get over there and I hope somebody helps him out, he sounds like a nice guy who could really use the help. I know I would be devastated if I lost MY wedding ring.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:01 PM

Default update

I was at the park today and just happened to look up on the beach while I was in the water and there was a guy with a metal detector. It's the first time I've ever seen anybody with one out there. I got out of the water and told him about the ring and he was parked over by where I lost. The problem is that there were other vehicles over there too so he couldn't really scour the area but he said that he goes out there quite often and he'll check back everytime he goes. We exhanged phone numbers so maybe he'll find it eventually.