Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > Stories and Pictures of Finds

Old 06-05-2006, 02:14 AM
Xray
Guests

Default My junk jewelry

I've found lots of junk jewelry in my slightly more than a year of detecting. Along with being a coin vacuum, the 250 is no slouch at recovering nearly worthless jewelry either. Most of it I never post, unless I happen to find something worth posting with it. The vast majority was found in woodchip playgrounds. A few of these nearly gave me heart attacks when I first found them , so now I am in the habit of assuming whatever I find is fake, until proven otherwise.
I used to just toss it all in a general misc plastic tub I got for all my finds that are not exactly prized possesions, but worth keeping nonetheless.
I decided to seperate them and keep them in their own container, so here they are.
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2006, 07:47 AM

Default Re: My junk jewelry

I could see the heart stopping with some of those finds! That is one very nice collection of junk jewelry!

Old 06-05-2006, 08:25 AM

Yep, seeing what looks like gold and diamonds shining back at you will sure put the ole heart at great risk.

Old 06-05-2006, 08:31 AM
Administrator

Looks like a lot of cheap boyfriends out there to me

Founding Member of RingKeepers

Banned Spammers 906

Old 06-05-2006, 10:29 AM
Elite Member

I have to say, finding all those pieces makes for some nice detecting. They may not be the best of the jewelry class, but they sure make the hobby fun!

Old 06-05-2006, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Cfmct-PI Looks like a lot of cheap boyfriends out there to me
Shhhhh dont tell my wife : Purchased a frog ring for her a couple days ago The bestest of the bunch, not that cheap green plastic kind but that heavy duty stuff, ummmm plastic.

Old 06-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Administrator

Some of those finds are of the "pass the nitro" kind.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Never, under any circumstances, take a laxative and a sleeping pill, on the same night.

Old 06-05-2006, 10:42 PM
Elite Member

That certainly is alot of stuff. That ring in the lower right quad looks loke a turqoise (sp?) stone, mabey?

Old 06-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Elite Member

Yup, there are a couple of those finds that would have made me start a little dance anyway.

Old 06-06-2006, 01:37 AM
Xray
Guests

Originally Posted by Cfmct-PI Looks like a lot of cheap boyfriends out there to me
Yeah, a dollar store ring, then dinner at Mcdonalds, then a bottle of Boones Farm.
When I was a dating teen, dollar stores weren't yet an option, but Mcdonalds and Boones Farm sure were ... {Or White Castles, for those in the midwest}.

Old 06-06-2006, 01:42 AM
Xray
Guests

Originally Posted by local_coins That certainly is alot of stuff. That ring in the lower right quad looks loke a turqoise (sp?) stone, mabey?
Yeah thats true lc - I guess if it was turquiose, it would be slightly elevated out of the category of junk.
I've actually got quite a bit more, including a couple nice watches, but my daughters have appropriated some of the nicer stuff that happens to fit them [and I'm sure they'll proceed to lose most of that, and some other lucky lunk can find them once again].
Its really amazing how much lost jewelry is out there, precious and junk, on land and in the water.
You figure what we find in our various locations is just a tiny,tiny fraction of whats out there in our cities and states, waiting to be found.

Old 06-06-2006, 06:54 AM
Administrator

Jesse... I get some many silver rings now I consider them junk I guess I am spoiled from finding gold.

Founding Member of RingKeepers

Banned Spammers 906

Old 06-07-2006, 03:34 AM
Xray
Guests

When you get to the point of considering the gold ones junk Craig, kindly let me know !

Old 06-11-2006, 03:41 AM
Xray
Guests

I agree Epi, I like the junk too.
I've added about 6 more peices since I posted that, including a gold ring heavy enough to knock out a mule, that would have been worth well over $2,000 had it been real.