EPIC As in $.66 EPIC, AS IN BARBER & V Nickel SPILL EPIC!!! Long Post and Heavy Pics

Buellride

Forum Supporter
I have a BUCKET LIST that is kind of small, I have always wanted to find a Barber (of any type) and a V Nickel. Today I found BOTH types…..

WAIT FOR IT

……3 as in THREE Barbers, a V-Nickel AND a Semi-Key Date Wheatie……………

ALL IN THE SAME HOLE!!!!

I was curb stripping around a Tacoma park and wasn’t finding much. I had already found a 1951D and 1950D Wheatie….kind of what I expected for a park that was established in the early 1900s. After moving on to another small patch of curb strips that bordered a grassy divider between a street I got a solid 11/12-40 at 6” a reading that I had dug the other Wheaties at earlier in the hunt.

I dug down and out popped the 1923S Wheatie, all green and beautiful (I didn’t know it was a 1923S at the time). A Semi-Key Date (with the S).:cool:

As I pulled my pinpointer away from the hole it rang off again. Thinking it was another Wheatie I dug down with my digger (shouldn’t have done that) and then cleared out the hole with my hand.

Then I saw the dull gray rim of SILVER! :DI brushed more away and saw 1905, grinned and pulled it out with my hand. I GOT A BARBER!!! :shock:

But then immediately below that I saw ANOTHER Barber quarter under that!! :shock::shock:

At that point I did something I RARELY do and said “OH MY GOD!” to myself.

I pulled them both of them out and saw ANOTHER glint of Silver and a Barber Dime was under the Quarters….cleared that out and ran the pinpoint around one more time and slightly above the area I dug the silvers the pinpointer went off again! WHAT!!! :shock::shock:

A very dark nickel shaped coin came out….I couldn’t make the V-Nickel out until I got back to my truck.

So I found $.66 cents in the same hole, all Barbers and V-Nickel plus the Semi-Key date Wheatie….absolutely INCREDIBLE for me.

Barbers are VERY HARD to come by in Tacoma, let alone Washington State……

All totaled I found $1.18 in clad, 2 more Wheaties a 1951D and 1950D and the EPIC Barber/V-Nickel/Semi-Key Wheatie SPILL for a GRAND TOTAL of $1.86.

I will take it every single day!!

Sorry for the long post but I think this qualifies for a MIND BLOWING FIND(S) especially for around here in Washington State.

Attachments

• 1915 Barber Dime.jpg
    1915 Barber Dime.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,864
  • 1915 Barber Dime Back.jpg
    1915 Barber Dime Back.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,734
  • 1902 Barber Quarter Back.jpg
    1902 Barber Quarter Back.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,740
  • 1902 Barber Quarter.jpg
    1902 Barber Quarter.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,756
  • 1905 Barber Quarter.jpg
    1905 Barber Quarter.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,728
  • 1905 Barber Quarter Back.jpg
    1905 Barber Quarter Back.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,739
  • 1901 V Nickel.jpg
    1901 V Nickel.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 1,718
  • 1901 V Nickel Back.jpg
    1901 V Nickel Back.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 1,726
  • 1932S Wheatie.jpg
    1932S Wheatie.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 1,729
  • Location Resized.jpg
    Location Resized.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,673
  • Better Raw Cropped.jpg
    Better Raw Cropped.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,725
Last edited:
Definitely Incredible! Congrats!

Thank you Metal....it was funny, I didn't video the dig because I rarely if ever take my cell phone with me on a hunt (leave it in the truck). But when my wife saw the coins she said "Why didn't you video the dig!?!"...Maybe I can con her into allowing me to get a "GoPro" like camera for my rig :yes:

Congrats on the nearly 100 year old coin spill and crossing the Barber Dime, Quarter and V nickel off your bucket list...definitely a outstanding dig!

Congrats on your amazing spill! Nice work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::

What an awesome coin spill. Had to stare at those coins a while and drool..
I have never seen anything like that come out of the ground around here.
Well done my friend! 👍

Back
Top Bottom