Finally cracked the Nox600 Canuck Coins issues

Seaking406

Elite Member
I went out this afternoon and gave the Nox600 another go in a new park but using new settings and a few changes and finally, the Canadian coins are now much easier to find!

Using Park2 and Iron Bias 1, the Canadian coins (I believe are clad steel coins) that were previously hidden from the Nox600 are now jumping up on the dial. But there's a trick to it..

I'm not sure why but this park required quite a few ground balancing at different spots when the coil would pick up a signal but would not pin point it unless I re-ground balanced it.. THEN it would zero in like a blood hound..

For other Canadians who might have trouble locating coins with the Nox 600, here's how I managed to get it to find them... I would say I had a 75% accuracy today, meaning I would hit a target and decide if it's a coin or a maybe coin.. and 75% of the time I would be correct. I also dug up a lot of trash as well just to confirm what I think I am detecting...

Example: in Park2, Iron Bias 1, sweep 3, I would find a target that registered between 1-13 when sweeping the coil over it, and if I went to full metal, it might or might not give a negative signal.. To me, this says "Loonie" and in 2 of 3 holes dug, that's what I ended up with.. The false hole ended up with a lead weight with eyelet.. weird?!

Same settings, I hit a target that bounced between 7-13 when I swept across it, same thing when sweeping again at 90'.. This tells me it's a dime and about every time, I pulled up a dime... interesting.

My previous test had shown me that 14K gold ring would show up as a solid 12 on the meter but so did a whole bunch of pull tabs; those come in at so many various numbers.

In the photo, the small medallion at the upper right hand corner rang in as a solid 28, 4 inches deep.. I can't really tells what it is, but suspect it's a curling medal of some sorts. I misplaced my jeweler's loupe...

Not bad for two hours of dirt fishing cut short by rain.. my most productive day ever with the Nox 600.. I'm slowly but surely starting to get the hang of it.. but FAR from being a master at it.. At least we're on first name basis...

These new settings certainly make it more interesting going out with the Nox 600 in Canadian grounds.

Attachments

• 02oct2018.jpg
    02oct2018.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 242
You did well for a couple of hour hunt, I also have the 600 and will try out your settings next time, Thanks for sharing.

You did well for a couple of hour hunt, I also have the 600 and will try out your settings next time, Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, I was almost ready to hang up the Nox 600 till I go to Florida next Feb and go back to the ACE250 which really finds the coins (and trash)..

I hope you have as much luck.. These settings would be the same ones I'd use on the beach since my Nox 600 won't see Canadian coins in the sand what so ever... even on the surface in any of the beach settings..

Cheers

Well another successful one hour in the same park as before netted several coins and a silver coiled earring.. and little trash... and chased away by rain again cutting this hunt short.

Now that I have figured out the Nox 600 to find Canadian coins, I am also a lot better at deciding what NOT to dig up which makes my 'dig no dig' ratio a lot better.. 75% pulled up coin, the remainder was weird trash and no pull tabs.. And one fish hook that luckily got the glove and not my flesh..

On the Nox 600, what kind of metal rings up as a solid 29?! It looked like a crumpled up soda can top of sorts..

REALLY starting to enjoy my rig again!!

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom