• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

interpreting what I call a "beedoop" on a nox

RFWoodVT

Been hearing a chirping type tone while detecting. Unlike a varying tone such as with a penny 19,18,21,19,20,21 that changes with each sweep this is a consistent high to low drop, often in one direction.

BTW I was using park 2 with 50 tone and discriminating anything less than 0

For example I'd hit a 30 and as I passed over it it would hit 20 sort of a rapid "Bee-doop" tone. I also watched the VDI and frequently saw 25/8 15/6 all with the same sounding beedoop character although with different tones.

I didn't dig most of these those I did have dig a few of the 24/18 and 20/10 because I thought the first tone suggested penny...and that's what they were.

I also dug a 6/4 beedoop that turned out to be a very small (.25 in) brass "x" so small that I almost missed it were it not for the garrett carrot.

Anyhow, I have been hearing it consistently enough to wonder what it may actually mean.

For example is it that there is another item with a lower VDI nearby? (didn't dig any or find any in the hole)

Is it because of the orientation of the item? I ended up scooping them outta the hole so I' didn't see how they lay in the ground.

I welcome your thoughts!

I can't say for sure what those are, but if you dig them, you'll know what they are. Nox is a very complex machine that takes a good while to master. I've got probably 40 or so hours into mine and I feel very much like I am still learning it. Put in time. Dig all reasonable targets and learn what it is telling you.

BCD

BeepBoops usually turn out to be can slaws or Twoonies up here.. I will go on full metal and if I get a negative number, I'll skip it based on pass experience. But if it stays beepbooping (odd word?) in the positive numbers, I will dig as past experience tells me it's something worthwhile or interesting..

Though one time it was a cache of pull tab rings.. de bastids who did dat!!

here is what your beedroops are.

Not sure if you have a 600 or 800 (need that in your profile).

But with both you have tone breaks. you are hitting a target this is at the end of one tone break and beginning of another tone break.

On the 800 you can set your own tone breaks anywhere you want on 2 and 5 tones. so you have some control over the two tone signals. Some times on the 800 you can use this to your advantage by setting a tone break in the middle of a pesky piece of trash that lets say bounces between 14-15. just set one tone break on 14 and the trash will sound off a low and high tone if you set the low tone to the 14 and high tone to the 15. you will get a low to high tone.

or you can just be aware that multiple tones are just crossing some of your tone breaks.

Back
Top Bottom