Cool TRACTOR watch fob, worn Walker and Montana Silver!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
Here are pics of my most recent hunts from the last three days. Made a trip up to Missoula Montana with my detecting buddy, ended up carefully doing two private yards and the adjoining parking strips. With his Nox 600 he found a Gold Ring, a Merc Dime, a nice 1898 Barber dime, a 1903 "V" Nickel and clean 1903 Indian Head cent, along with Wheat Pennies and the usual clad.

I did well in the parking strip with my AT Pro, coming up with 4 Mercury Dimes, a 1920 Buffalo Nickel, and the sorriest looking 1919 Walking Liberty Half I've ever dug! Must have been constantly rubbed as someone's good luck charm! Two of the Mercs were in a coin spill along with a couple of older Wheaties. Did get the usual Wheaties and clad, no rare dates though.

The GW Silver Quarter and the nice Silver Rosie came from a yard here in town. Today I went out for a short time this morning, got a permission at a 1908 home, and things looked good. As it turned out, my only good find was the cool bronze or brass cast Cleveland Tractor Company advertising watch fob! The yard had lots of soil added in recent years, and I was pulling Zincs out at 5-6" and copper Memorials down to 9" - oh well. Still had fun as any chance to detect is a good time. Thanks for your interest!

Attachments

• trac1.jpg
    trac1.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 383
  • trac2.jpg
    trac2.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 378
  • trac3.jpg
    trac3.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:
Congrats Shiny on all that Silver. Your right the Walker has lost some of its luster but The GW almost looks mint. Great outings on some very nice sites. Trapper

Awesome hunt!!!

Big congrats on all that silver!

You tractor item was a watch fob, very cool...

<°)))>{

Congrats on the amazing finds. :woot: You're killing it at those places. :detector:

Still looking for my first silver, I'd be happy with any of those! :D

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Ice Scratcher - yep, a watch fob as you correctly identified. I can see on the back where part of the loop connection broke off, thanks for your imput on that, have corrected the title and post description!

Congrats on a great hunt! I love finding the old watch fobs, they are great pieces of history.

Thanks for the interest and comments!

Did a short hunt of a few hours today, not too much old stuff, my friend found a Silver Rosie and a neat spill of 5 old lead toy soldiers!

My finds were a Silver Merc, and a cool "EDDY'S LONE RANGER" child's toy sheriff badge! "Eddy's Bread" was a baking company out of Great Falls, Montana. They had branches in Helena, Missoula, and a few other Montana towns. I've not seen this advertising item before, a fun find! Found a fair amount of clad, about 8 wheaties back to 1910, and a modern Missoula Carousel token.

Attachments

• eddys1.jpg
    eddys1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 192
  • eddys2.jpg
    eddys2.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 185
Back
Top Bottom