fishers say F70 or 75's

Tajue17

I'm feeling around for a new detector but I use all tesoros with the exception of 1 F2 I got for the wife,,,,, I want to upgrade the F2 to something a lot nicer and even though I'm not brand specific right now I do already have a F2 that has been pretty fun!!!

so originally I had my eye on a F5 but heard they discontinued them so wondering about the F70 or 75,,,, also wondering about their sister brands to the G2+ I think,,,,,,, I'm mostly in the North East around Plymouth, Ma and I like to take that random trip to the beach so having a machine that's capable of wet salty sand is a huge bonus..

also why no Fishers forsale on any of the forums used,,,, is that good or bad?

Any machine is what you make of it, no matter what the price.
If you spent more, Is there a guarantee that you find more ? Maybe. How much is that maybe worth to you?

JMHT
GLHH

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

There are Fishers for sale here and there but most that buy them I would tend to think they keep them.
The F75, F70, Patriot and T2 are all in the same family, cousins that use the same core engine but are programmed differently...except for the F70 and Patriot which are exactly the same.
Don't know about the T2 but I expect it will do exactly as all the others and easily balance down to salt.
You can get crazy like I have and use any of these and get crazy and tweak and change the settings a million times to handle even the most difficult conditions or just leave them all on factory settings and just go hunt...pretty much they work well no matter how you mess with them.
Some T2's and F75's have DST which makes them very quiet, the F70 and Patriot do not but if you don't turn them up too much, (and you don't need to), they stay pretty quiet and stable too.

I started with Tesoros but I got an F2 just as a take on vacation unit and it surprised me so much and found so much treasure I made it my prime hunting tool for 3 years.
I got an F70 and my world opened up after that, like big time, because I could find great things deeper and more masked in much tougher and more difficult conditions than my F2 was able to do so that has been my prime for the last 4 years.
Now I got a Nox and it seems to be working well in my very challenging SE. devil dirt but the F70 ain't going anywhere.
I learned it so well and it found me so much even here you don't ever get rid of something like that...permanently.
I just put it aside for awhile while I spend time with the Nox, trust me it will come out and play again one day.

Going from the F2 to the F70/Patriot was logical to me.
Very similar behavior, numbers and light weight, just more settings you can play with if you want to.
Right out of the box any of these are much more powerful and deeper than the F2 with many more abilities.
Good luck on your decision.

Last edited:
I had the f70 and I liked it with the elliptical original coil, easy to pinpoint coins! 11 inch coil more difficult.

I like the F70...its very fast and strong, sounds good to the ears and really cheap to run...considering ROI....It throws off money at such a positive rate... ...

I have a G2 and it loves bottle caps. Whatever you do, keep your F2. I had one and wish that I hadn't sold it. I liked it a lot better than my Ace 250.

Echoing what Digger said.

I love the F70. Especially with the 5" DD as an optional tool.

Try a Equinox best all around detector made at this time.

forgot to reply to this in that last post but reason i'm avoiding them right now is they are too new for me.. the people buying them are still learning them have you seen that forum??? plus I'm seeing them start popping up forsale a lot SO I'm hanging back on any new ML's.

Hmm so avoid the F75 and keep and eye out for the F70?

Not long ago the F75 sold for rose to $1000 or over and the F70 was in the $700-$800 range.
Now the Patriot is $400 and you can pick up a fully loaded F75 for very close to the $500 range.
Things have never been better for hunters that enjoy using First Texas products.
Many hated using either of these top end units because they were so chatty especially if you believed you needed to turn them up to very hot settings to work optimally.
This has never been true but when they added DST to the newer F75's and T2's that changed things.
Now many have gotten these and enjoy them immensely because of their abilities and several have bought them again after getting rid of them in the past and now love them because of that DST.
The F70/Patriot has never changed, no DST has been added and probably won't ever be until FTP comes out with their next generation of higher end products which most believe will eventually come and is the reason for them rearranging their product lines and dropping prices so deeply.
Still, the F70 platform has so many settings and abilities for its price that it has long been considered the very definition of a "sleeper" unit in our hobby.
Even more so that the Patriot is $400.

You can hunt with that one quiet if you want to, many do and are shocked at how deep they can get and what they can find in some extremely difficult and challenging conditions.
Or, you can blow them up like I sometimes do and explore how they work in a very chattery and noisy environment because I can, I learned how to do that over time and understand it and that is the kind if thing that is fun for me.
Not really recommended to do that, quiet is usually much easier for most, but as I keep saying most every kind of setting works.

The F75 has a few more settings and built in programs while the Patriot is more raw but still has massive abilities if you spend the time to learn it.
I love the S handle, the F75 feels funny to me when I hold it but that is mostly because I have gotten comfortable using it for so many hours.
I like the settings I can use on the F70 while others love the presets and extra settings on the former flagship models.
There are so many flavors to pick from nowadays at such historically low prices there really is no wrong choice if you want to stay with FTP.
Like with everything try to figure out what is most important to you and what will make your experiences the most fun and productive.

If you demand quiet on all settings a no brainer...DST was designed for you.
If you like messing with settings and don't have a need for preset programs you can use any of these but the Patriot will cost you less.
Make a list of what you would like to be able to do and go from there.

Honestly I have a Nox and it has advantages in the water and in my dirt but my F70 has it over the Nox in some situations in the way it behaves over targets, the Nox has a very narrow range where my F70 is more expanded which gives me a bit more information to work with sometimes.
I wish there was a detector that had all the abilities of both combined but there isn't one as yet so I am sure I will continue to use both for several years.

I really like the T2 it's a beast and so easy to use. Light weight and fast processing. You can literally turn on the switch and start hunting, or if you make adjustments it's super easy. The pin pointing is very accurate and it finds deep targets. It holds up well around iron. It's only downfall is that it's not submersible, only the coil/shaft. But it's a great land and shallow water machine.

thanks for the posts,,,,speaking of the nox that's not submersible either I think right? but what I'm seeing is the F70 is the one to get over the F75?

I see a few T2's for sale I can snatch one up now,, but honestly there's T2 then T2+ then T2+ LTD stuff like that makes it too confusing so I move on..

I tried picking up a new machine a year ago and never did because my mind went warped from trying to decide what to get,,,,,, I don't want a machine that's new like the NOX plus I'm seeing them pop up forsale and even in that forum seems most owners are confused a bit so me I'd be totally lost with that thing :lol:

thanks for the posts,,,,speaking of the nox that's not submersible either I think right? but what I'm seeing is the F70 is the one to get over the F75?

I see a few T2's for sale I can snatch one up now,, but honestly there's T2 then T2+ then T2+ LTD stuff like that makes it too confusing so I move on..

I tried picking up a new machine a year ago and never did because my mind went warped from trying to decide what to get,,,,,, I don't want a machine that's new like the NOX plus I'm seeing them pop up forsale and even in that forum seems most owners are confused a bit so me I'd be totally lost with that thing :lol:
Nox is submersible down to 10 feet. Nox is pretty easy to figure out and use, but like all detectors it's nuances of what it's trying to tell you will take some time to learn. I came from an F70 and although the nox has a lot more adjustments you can make with tones, notching and where you want your tones to come in at, it's not that hard to figure out. I love the way the tones are so adjustable. You can set it up in two tones with the iron volume really low so you can just barely hear it so you know when you're in an iron laden area. Stuff like that you can't do with the F70.

I'm going to be the dissenting opinion in this thread and recommend the F75 over the F70/Patriot, and I'll explain why having owned both.

First, when looking at used F75 or T2, forget about model names and dial it down to features. The fully equipped models have DST, Boost, Fast Process, three levels of FE tone, and Cache modes. So you can always ask the sellers if they have those three features to figure out if they are fully equipped.

When looking at the price for new, you can get a Patriot (as others pointed out, just a rebadged F70), for $400. You can buy an F75+ package that comes with a 5+2 warranty, the Fisher F-Pulse pointer (which I think is the best pointer out right now) for $550. If you don't want the pointer, you could sell it for $100, bringing the price of the F75+ down to $450. So price is almost a wash, factoring in that you get a longer transferable warranty with a free factory refurb. The F75+ has every feature, top of the line with DST, Boost, and Cache.

I think the ergonomics are a lot better on the F75, but of course this is subjective. Universally though, the common opinion seems to support this, and for some it is a deciding factor. IMO, the F75 is one of the "best feeling" detectors I've used.

Performance is similar, almost too close to call really. I didn't see much of a difference in one over the other.

Function is where the F75 smokes the F70. First, the one button one dial layout of the F75 is genius. You can change settings and rip through the settings of the F75 with light speed. The second part of function where the F75 kills the F70 is the ground balance/pinpointing trigger. The F75 is the first detector I've ever used the pinpointer on, everything else I use the wiggle back method. I detect for 4-8 hours at a time, and pulling the thumb up and over to pinpoint is a strain on the hand over long periods of detecting, for me.

Also, the dirt I hunt changes frequently, and it is extremely easy to flip the trigger switch and ground balance in seconds without having to dig into menus.

Ran a original F75 LTD for a couple years back when, version 7.0...found a few silvers with it too:D Chris is right, it's the only machine where I used the pinpoint feature, everything since has been x and dig because nothing pinpoints as good as that 75 did except a T2...Fisher/Tek machines love bottlecaps though which is mainly why I no longer have either, or any of the Omegas I used to run. But with any of them, older versions are chattier but have more raw power, the newer models have been tamed down. Yeah, and I used to find plenty of silver coins on the salt beaches with 'em even though they're not supposed to work well there:yes:

Ran a original F75 LTD for a couple years back when, version 7.0...found a few silvers with it too:D Chris is right, it's the only machine where I used the pinpoint feature, everything since has been x and dig because nothing pinpoints as good as that 75 did except a T2...Fisher/Tek machines love bottlecaps though which is mainly why I no longer have either, or any of the Omegas I used to run. But with any of them, older versions are chattier but have more raw power, the newer models have been tamed down. Yeah, and I used to find plenty of silver coins on the salt beaches with 'em even though they're not supposed to work well there:yes:

You never used the bottle cap pump? Since I learned that trick I barely ever dig them anymore.

Back
Top Bottom