3 hunts Silver Coin streak hits 12 but ended today

jack&jill

Elite Member
3 pretty nice hunts, the first was last week Sunday where I went to what use to be the H.S. football field now the middle school and converted to a couple of soccer fields. The etrac worked pretty hard as I did get two Silver Rosie dimes both between 8 and 9 inches along with 7 Wheat's about the same depth. Lots of clad above that kept me busy and smiling. The 2 Silvers made it 11 straight hunts finding Silver coins.

Yesterday I got permission 0n a 1800's farm yard. I did pretty good with 5 Silvers and 8 Wheat's but was disappointed as to not find older coins. Still looking for my first Indian of the year. The Silvers are a dateless SLQ and a 44 Washington. A 59' Rosie and 2 Merc's. A 1944 and a 1916. No mint mark on the 16'. Made the Silver coin streak 12. The tough part of this location was the grass was at least 6 inches high with lots of brush and tree branches to dodge with your head. Was only allowed on the property for a little over 2 hours and had to leave when the owner left. Finished the hunt at the local school and picked up a healthy addition of clad. Did also find another Tootsietoy, this being a airplane in pretty good condition. Another note is I also picked up 4 ticks on the unkept or neglected property. I would like to tell all about the owner but that would be a story all in its own.

Today I went back to the Site I started this thread with. I hunted it hard and just could not pull a Silver. For that matter not even a Wheat penny. Did get another Sacagawea dollar coin, a Chuckie Cheese Token along with 29 nickels in the digs. Total clad for the hunt was $13.54. Well maybe next time out I can start a new streak. HH all. Jack

Attachments

• june7 1.JPG
    june7 1.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 328
  • june7 .JPG
    june7 .JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 328
  • june8 21.JPG
    june8 21.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 329
  • june8 1.JPG
    june8 1.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 324
  • june 8 3.JPG
    june 8 3.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 324
  • june8 4.JPG
    june8 4.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 322
  • june8 .JPG
    june8 .JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 322
  • june9 .JPG
    june9 .JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 325
Very nice once again. Congrats on another SLQ. :) someday, I'll get one. Don't feel bad on breaking your streak. I'm at a streak of 41 hunts with no silver, so hopefully we can both start a new streak this week.

Good luck. :)

Back
Top Bottom