Barbados One Cent

WThesing

Elite Member
I was able to get out to an older park in a neighboring township for about 2 1/2 hours today, 43 clad coins: 4 quarters, 7 dimes, 1 nickel, 31 memorials, 2 Hot Wheels cars (1960's vintage buried together about 12" deep),and a lead "whatzit". Not a spectacular day as far as anything older, but the 44th coin is a one cent piece from Barbados. I thought that to be unusual. I was at this park last week for a little while with JiminPhilly. It appears to be loaded with coins, and not too bad as far as trash. I decided to leave when too many people started showing up. I have a feeling there is some silver to be had, as I got my appetite wet last week with one wheaty and one silver Rosie. We will see.

After leaving the park, I swareyed over to the historic outskirts of town and inquired about gaining permission to hunt another nature preserve area along the Wissahicken Creek. I was warmly received, and will be given the final word on Tuesday, so it really was a pretty good day after all, as this narrow area along the creek stretches for about 12 miles, with lots of ruins & structures from both the 1700's and 1800's

Good for you Bill. This place should yield some very nice finds for sure. Would love to see some pics when you get them too. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom