Tot Lot Hunting at the Shore...

Get a headlamp, ya blouse wearing poodle walker!
Haha

I stole a bunch of glow sticks from my kids little party bin and duct taped a couple smaller ones to the top of my coil so I can see it in the water at night. (Of course it was useless last night in the chocolate milk/seaweed slop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunting 3-4 days a week if I could find silver like that , that 1917 merc have a D on it, worth more otherwise your 1917 is worth 1.69 , you need to do that park Bruce hunted , were he found the seated , I would like to see what you come up with , that's not a tot lot , so no excuse :D , those dirt silver's in great shape can be big bucks now , howboughtit ;)

Wrong year. It’s 1916-D you’re thinking of.
15dd8ac331e26e7fe2215b91ee74a8a4.jpg

Get a headlamp, ya blouse wearing poodle walker!
Haha

I stole a bunch of glow sticks from my kids little party bin and duct taped a couple smaller ones to the top of my coil so I can see it in the water at night. (Of course it was useless last night in the chocolate milk/seaweed slop.

You're not talking to me sonny :laughing:

I hunted the spot you found the big plat rings years ago... it was my second choice to hunt there... first choice was even worse... should have gone to the other spots I did good last month...

Swinglow

That's a key date , hold on to it , value will be going up , the stock market has already showed about 6 signs it's going to crash .

Nice little haul there. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks TN...

I'd be more than happy with that haul, in that amount of time. Congrats on the old silver Craig, wouldn't surprise me if there's a few pieces of gold strung about those old coins. Good luck on your next trip!

The entire slope was covered with sea grass and red seaweed that looks like red leaf lettuce in the water was worse... the below zero wind chills killed it I guess.. I hunted the spots that were open it was only a small area..

When to a beach I walk on my heels if iuts sift underfoot I keep moving if its firm I'll hunt it... it was the only area firm everything else had overburden added to it..

I would rather talk to and pet a dog any day than people asking me stupid questions. 3 days ago, in a city park a lady shouted out, find any gold?

I think I will tell the next person who does that, "wait a minute, I have something here you might want and give her two full pull tabs and tell her they are silver ear rings, you just need some silver polish."

I'm usually pretty social but with the a weeks worth of pain from my sciatica I didn't have a lot of patience and I just wanted to relax and not be bothered...

What is a "tot lot"?

A totlot is where children play on the swings, a slide...

Here is a tot lot at a beach.... its where old metal detectorists whose bodies are ravaged from water hunting and such allow themselves to still find the occasion good target... gone are the Excals, the AQ, the NOX, the Deus2 all they need is a Ace 150

https://www.bing.com/maps?osid=e27b...73.352151&lvl=22&style=g&v=2&sV=2&form=S00027

A tot lot hunter is also known as "pansy style" hunting. Typically reserved for older handicapped hunters. Very easy hunting. But there have been some great finds out of these.

That is definitely a good hunt there. I’ve never had much luck on the beaches but the ground is starting to lock up even in the woods so maybe we’ll run into each other one of these days. Good show

That is definitely a good hunt there. I’ve never had much luck on the beaches but the ground is starting to lock up even in the woods so maybe we’ll run into each other one of these days. Good show

I know working on a permission one of the oldest properties in the town I work in... fields lots of acreage and did a search with lidar and found 3 cellars hidden in the pines but on the property in the woods they may not even know they are there but I do :yes:...

Congrats on sniffing out a few more silvers!

Thanks JAK... the hunt was I needed to get out somewhere its been frigid here with below zero wind chills it was mild at 45 we are back in the deep freeze for the foreseeable future. Last year our ponds remained open not this year...

Congrats on the silver and wheats. Just getting out this time of year is a small victory in itself. I remember booked. Good luck, Mark

Congrats on the silvah, we would use that term booked in the 1970s👍

meteladdict I remember booked. do you remember "there it is " ? Today the popular reply is " I know, right " but back in the day " there it is " was the go to phrase. The young people today I don't understand alot of what they say. I guess a little taste of what we put our parents through.:roll: Gotta book now ,Mark

meteladdict I remember booked. do you remember "there it is " ? Today the popular reply is " I know, right " but back in the day " there it is " was the go to phrase. The young people today I don't understand alot of what they say. I guess a little taste of what we put our parents through.:roll: Gotta book now ,Mark

I don't remember there it is, but out here when someone got in trouble we kids would say "umbaaaa" which means oooooooh! He's in trouble now!:lol:

Yeah... the woods can't withstand these temps either... its a shame getting permission on a historic property and behind it in woods are several cellar holes... don't even know of the current property owners know they are there... whenever seek a permission I use Lidar to look the place over as well as historic aerials...

What is a "tot lot"?

Any playground, at a school, park, etc. where kids play on equipment year round, vastly renewable from month to month, due to the large amount of activity! KT takes exception to the unfriendly comment about being a place where only old handicapped MDers hunt! Tot lots are great places to hunt while learning your machine because you can be certain there are plenty of targets, and KT has recovered both silver and gold jewelry as well as loads of clad, so do not let someone else’s preconceptions prevent you from trying them! Where you find items in tot lots will teach you about how kids play and what equipment they use heavily….and sometimes fall off of! Ha ha.

Any playground, at a school, park, etc. where kids play on equipment year round, vastly renewable from month to month, due to the large amount of activity! KT takes exception to the unfriendly comment about being a place where only old handicapped MDers hunt! Tot lots are great places to hunt while learning your machine because you can be certain there are plenty of targets, and KT has recovered both silver and gold jewelry as well as loads of clad, so do not let someone else’s preconceptions prevent you from trying them! Where you find items in tot lots will teach you about how kids play and what equipment they use heavily….and sometimes fall off of! Ha ha.

That was a sarcastic remark KT... :yes:

My beach hunting friend has found platinum and gold hunting around the swings where the parents push their children from behind and probably don't even feel their jewelry come off... I personally will not hunt a tot lot but more power to anyone who wishes to... I have plenty of old beaches and permissions to hunt...

I was mainly a pulse hunter starting the beach end of the hobby when another pulse hunter friend of mine found out I bought a Nox he wanted nothing to do with me because I use the Nox :lol:

When I changed my hunting style from looking for fresh drops to old stuff the PI got out away as the old spots are loaded with ferrous targets...

He has been breaking my stones for a couple weeks now... saying he would be embarrassed to hunt with me if he saw me with a Nox... :lol:

That was a sarcastic remark KT... :yes:

My beach hunting friend has found platinum and gold hunting around the swings where the parents push their children from behind and probably don't even feel their jewelry come off... I personally will not hunt a tot lot but more power to anyone who wishes to... I have plenty of old beaches and permissions to hunt...

I was mainly a pulse hunter starting the beach end of the hobby when another pulse hunter friend of mine found out I bought a Nox he wanted nothing to do with me because I use the Nox :lol:

When I changed my hunting style from looking for fresh drops to old stuff the PI got out away as the old spots are loaded with ferrous targets...

He has been breaking my stones for a couple weeks now... saying he would be embarrassed to hunt with me if he saw me with a Nox... :lol:

Ha ha, poor olde KT lives where there are no beaches to hunt, so He took immediately to totlots when He started learning his first machine…after some months of effort, He had accumulated enough clad to purchase a Tesoro Compadre, which was a wise purchase, because when learning to use it, He ran it wide open and that is how he learned to find gold rings on totlots! The gold was always around 8” deep, whereas the coinage and necklaces, both silver and gold, was much shallower, less than 4” deep. Perhaps due to the surface area relative to weight? KT once visited Galveston Tx and planned to hunt the beach, but upon arrival, he saw a half dozen hunters on the patch, 2 surf hunters and the rest wet and dry sand hunters….that was a bit too crowded so KT dialed in a local park. Needless to say, it appeared that NO ONE every hunted that park, lots of coins, keys, and even one 10K gold ring! All recovered with the Tesoro…so each to their own! And more power to every style hunter! Including us old broken down Totlot Hunters! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom