• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Tot Lot Hunting at the Shore...

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
That is fake news... one of my friends when he learned I bought a Nox said I was going to start hunting tot lots never in a thousand years will I hunt a tot lot but I play along with him as it seems to make him feel better... :lol:

Beaches were heavily sanded in I went to today... the main spot I wanted to hunt was a waste.. I didn't even take my detector out of car... I did at second spot in the water was full of dead seaweed... the slopes were covered with cockles and more seaweed this storm did us no favors...

I saw red sand at top of slope.. it was ground down and hard pan so I decided I was there so I would hunt a while... I did not expect much as all... my first target was the wheat penny... then a couple junk targets followed by the 1917 merc... after that the 1903 Barber dime... then clad and finally the 191? merc... its so worn I can't see any evidence of what it might have been...

That is it until minus tides at the end of the month... it gets dark here 4:54 today or something like that low was 6:30 but I wanted to get out before the snow and frigid temps to follow the storm... I hunted from 3 until I had enough of the clad... too many people walking their dogs and coming up to me to ask questions... so I booked..

Attachments

• IMG_1753.jpg
    IMG_1753.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 615
Looks like the right stuff! Was it a dig all day? :?:

Congrats on the silvah, we would use that term booked in the 1970sđź‘Ť

Is that when it started?

Looks like the right stuff! Was it a dig all day? :?:

No Joe... I went late around 3 or so left around 430 wasn't into playing answer questions :lol: it wasn't low tide until 630 wind was onshore and tide was neutral.... I hadn't been out in quite a while between snow plowing and it being cold...

Last edited:
I would be -

Hunting 3-4 days a week if I could find silver like that , that 1917 merc have a D on it, worth more otherwise your 1917 is worth 1.69 , you need to do that park Bruce hunted , were he found the seated , I would like to see what you come up with , that's not a tot lot , so no excuse :D , those dirt silver's in great shape can be big bucks now , howboughtit ;)

good report.

Thanks Tom...

Hunting 3-4 days a week if I could find silver like that , that 1917 merc have a D on it, worth more otherwise your 1917 is worth 1.69 , you need to do that park Bruce hunted , were he found the seated , I would like to see what you come up with , that's not a tot lot , so no excuse :D , those dirt silver's in great shape can be big bucks now , howboughtit ;)

I don't hunt up there since Covid Earl.... they only allow people who live in town and have a sticker on their cars to hunt there or pay a fine... not worth it. I have plenty of spots to hunt anyway...

That's sad , that was a good place to hunt :(

Its changed Earl... along shore heavily sanded in... so many guys hit that beach in the water you are lucky to hear a target these days... if I was to go there again and hunt water I would use a pulse my friend Robert with his old Surfmaster still doing ok but targets for most part out of range for the VLF guys ..

.. too many people walking their dogs and coming up to me to ask questions... so I booked..
That is very anti-social behavior. You have issues. :lol: Glad to see you got out!

That is very anti-social behavior. You have issues. :lol: Glad to see you got out!

Too bad... I had 6 different people come up to me in 90 minutes... it was warm today got people out of the house.. when temps get into mid 40's its like spring :yes:

I'd be more than happy with that haul, in that amount of time. Congrats on the old silver Craig, wouldn't surprise me if there's a few pieces of gold strung about those old coins. Good luck on your next trip!

Too bad... I had 6 different people come up to me in 90 minutes... it was warm today got people out of the house.. when temps get into mid 40's its like spring :yes:

A lot of that died off here after most detecting shows ended when they were on every network. Used to get questions on best thing you ever found, people p'oed we use explosives, did i meet the Diggers guys, etc. Kapi gets a lot of talkers. I think most are scared of me for some reason? :lol:

A lot of that died off here after most detecting shows ended when they were on every network. Used to get questions on best thing you ever found, people p'oed we use explosives, did i meet the Diggers guys, etc. Kapi gets a lot of talkers. I think most are scared of me for some reason? :lol:

I had 2 ask me how much gold I had found today... one had a nice English Lab.. I ignored his question and said hello to the dog instead :lol:

I had 2 ask me how much gold I had found today... one had a nice English Lab.. I ignored his question and said hello to the dog instead :lol:

Even if i have a pouch of gold i say "Mostly zinc pennies" since they wouldn't know what a Felix was:lol: Remember Kapi once slipped up and showed someone a gold ring. The girl said she was on her way to buy a detector after she left the beach:shock:

Even if i have a pouch of gold i say "Mostly zinc pennies" since they wouldn't know what a Felix was:lol: Remember Kapi once slipped up and showed someone a gold ring. The girl said she was on her way to buy a detector after she left the beach:shock:

I just say... I just got here... if the woman is cute then maybe I'll strike up a conversation... :yes:

I would rather talk to and pet a dog any day than people asking me stupid questions. 3 days ago, in a city park a lady shouted out, find any gold?

I think I will tell the next person who does that, "wait a minute, I have something here you might want and give her two full pull tabs and tell her they are silver ear rings, you just need some silver polish."

Back
Top Bottom