Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > How to Use Your Metal Detector

Old 07-04-2020, 11:40 PM
Elite Member

Default VX3 tips ... just upgraded

I have been hunting with my trusty M6 White's unit ... and doing well. Been thinking about upgrading and the planets finally aligned with the bank. Picked up a gently used VX3 and related items from a buddy who cannot spend time like he once did in the hobby. My issue is that I hear a low hum in the background all the time ..... and of course that is not something I have dealt. Is there a way to adjust the settings to eliminate that irritating distraction? Any tips would be appreciated.

Old 07-05-2020, 12:50 AM

Default Vx3

Yes you can turn the threshold to silent if you want . I like to run it till itís barely audible. You will probably want to speed up the recovery speed , because the factory setting is slow. Speed it up as much as you can and still have a smooth audio .the vx3 has some good features....... bad thing is itís hard to know what combo of settings works . Oh and your right VP9SK. No substitutes HH Tony

Old 07-05-2020, 01:53 AM

You should go into every programs and do a factory reset on a new to you used detector .. White's YouTube on the VX3 is very good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rr5yWUcC1s

VCO in Pinpoint is a nice feature

Old 07-05-2020, 09:26 AM

The problem with turning threshold volume all the way down is you won't know when you are over trash or not (unless you are hunting wide open). The threshold gives you LOTS of information. I would turn it down, but not off. The more information you get, the better.
You will get used to the hum and learn to like it.