Barrel Shaped Bottle

Diabolik

Elite Member
I was tromping around the woods in a local park today and found this bottle. I have never seen one like this before. Assuming it was beer? It’s about 3 inches shorter that a plastic water bottle and has a wide mouth. The only numbers on the bottom are 16 78. Guessing it is not that old, but cool nonetheless. Was filled with dirt but perfect otherwise.

Attachments

• 62A95AF9-748B-4483-8311-73254D444B74.jpg
    62A95AF9-748B-4483-8311-73254D444B74.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 508
Wide mouth beer bottle. I can't remember who used those - maybe Mickey's?

Wide mouth beer bottle. I can't remember who used those - maybe Mickey's?

Good call, it is Mickey’s. I see them on their site. 12 oz grenades! New ones are twist offs so I am guessing these are a bit older. Says they been in business since 62.

I've got one of those Mickey's with the pull off lid, still full. It has turned a lovely shade of brown.

Speaking of brown, Schmidt's had brown glass barrel bottles:

Very cool, looks like the same mold almost.

Since the one I found is in such good shape, I hate to throw it away. I stuck it on the shelf and I am using it for zincolns. The wide mouth makes it perfect for coins.

Mickeys Beer

Mickeys Beer circa 1962 to 72 by Sterling beer. i think Miller bought it out.

very cool bottle though. they dont make them anymore. Sterling also made a bigmouth bottle was brown, my old boss drank that when i was a teenager. just might have hijacked a few......:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Mickeys Beer circa 1962 to 72 by Sterling beer. i think Miller bought it out.

very cool bottle though. they dont make them anymore. Sterling also made a bigmouth bottle was brown, my old boss drank that when i was a teenager. just might have hijacked a few......:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

They still have Mickey's Malt Liquor widemouths, i get 'em all the time. They are screw-cap tops now but still widemouths. Brewed by Mickey's Brewing Co. Milwaukee Wi.

Attachments

• DSCN2606.jpg
    DSCN2606.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 351
  • DSCN2607.jpg
    DSCN2607.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 366
Back
Top Bottom