Night hunt + headlamp = gold and silver

Jodo_Kast501

Yesterday was a tough day. We had to bury our beagle who got ill and died very suddenly. I was taking care of the baby in the day, so the only option was to get out at night to lift my spirits and take my mind off our sweet pup's absence.

Started out slow with hardly anything but trash here and there. I gave up on one spot and moved to a hilly area of the permission that was near a couple of walkways. I was surprised by how many coin signals were there considering I've hit this permission many times. I dug maybe a dollar in clad (not including a lot of jacked-up zinc pennies) and then got another very typical penny signal – 81 on the AT Pro. In retrospect, maybe it was a bit softer and "rounder" than other signals, but at the time I had no expectations other than a penny or clad dime.

Turned out to be a Black Hills ring – the leaves and eagle are gold (12k and 10k, I think) and have a turquoise backing and the band is sterling. Weighs 10.5 grams in total. It majorly brightened my day. Thanks for looking!

OgfItSIh.jpg

vfJhaDfh.jpg

RW5lX7Bh.jpg

Sorry to hear about your pup, that's a hard thing to get over.. That's a great looking ring, never saw anything like it..congrats on the save

Sorry to hear about your buddy. We went through that about a year ago. We had decided to wait a while for a new baby but this one came along and we couldn't resist. His name is Rowdy. He isn't a replacement for the one we lost but he sure helps fill the gap.
3aaea22d85389de61a36c2e835cb6c8c.jpg

Cliff

so sad about your Beagle. Had one 40 years ago. Very sweet dogs.
Losing a dog is so hard. About the only thing you can do is to plunge into work or hobby to take your mind off missing a beloved animal who does nothing but love you.

Nice ring. Love black hills gold, I grew up around there. Last time I cried was when I had to put my dog down. They're family and I'm sorry to hear. Glad you got out hunting to clear your mind a bit.

Congrats on the gold and silver!! Sorry to hear about your pup!!! I’m a dog lover and it’s like losing a part of the family.......well they are a part of the family!!! So sorry!!

That is one of the coolest rings I have even seen. Congrats on a great find and condolences on your loss.

Back
Top Bottom