Nothing Exciting -- But I Got Out. . .

Pennyfinder

Elite Member
Actually, I've been out twice since I last posted. The first hunt was just a shorty -- maybe an hour on the 31st and it got me 24 cents and a "Tennessee" Heart button (the T is very faded).

Today's hunt was a little longer but I didn't find much -- just some clad, copper and zinc and a "Skeleton Hand" -- no markings just some kid's "trinket". It does say (on both sides) right below the "loop" (for a chain) the word "dead". :?: God has a sense of humor -- I asked for "silver" -- guess I didn't specify good enough -- okay it IS silver COLORED! :laughing: :p

They weren't "memorable" hunts but at least I was able to get out and both times the hunts were pleasantly cool (breezy) -- in the mid-70's.

While out today I saw a lady in a yard across the street from one of my locations. I knew the house she lived in had been around since at least the 1940's if not before AND I knew that it USED to be a boarding house in the 1950's. She was the first person I had seen there is YEARS! It had been remodeled probably in the last 5+ years.

I was tired from hunting quite a few hours today so I thought I would chance it and ask her about possibly metal detecting there. She said she "rented" the place but felt sure the landlord would not mind -- she certainly didn't mind. So she said come ANYTIME and I agreed I would and said it would probably be in the next day or two (weather permitting). She said she worked and would be gone most of the day (even told me where she worked). So I might try in the morning early -- if the weather permits. I'm so hoping that the yard has never been detected and there are a number of OLD TREES in the yard! :D

My husband (now deceased) said he LIVED in that house in the mid to late 50's so I'm quite curious about the yard! Wish me luck!

Only one picture -- thanks for looking! GL & HH

Attachments

• 05-31-13 & 06-03-13 The Coins & Finds.jpg
    05-31-13 & 06-03-13 The Coins & Finds.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 169
Good finds in my book! You never know whats going to come out of the ground. Its good just to get out and relieve some stress and get your fix!
GL & HH

Yeah! Now that my stepson is no longer living here, I find I have more time on my hands and do tend to get bored easier since I don't work. So I spend more time now getting out for a hunt -- or going "can hunting" for recycling!

Cool hand, not something you see everyday...

No it isn't -- and it was super shiny coming out of the hole but when I realized what it was I knew it wasn't anything "important" (sliver you know). But it is still unusual. Kinda' neat! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom