• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Big Gold Ring

Lee1968

Elite Member
Went to the park today with my wife. I was using the NOX 600, and she was using the Ace 400. We managed to pull a little over $10 in clad, 3 Roofus Tokens, and this big gold ring. I found it with the NOX about 3" deep. It is 14k and made by Shane Co. I knew it was heavy, but was shocked when it weighed in at nearly 10.3 grams! My wife has a ring size thing, and it is a size 12. (I did check Craigslist Lost and Found for my area, and no one has anything listed.) No telling how long it has been there though. It is only my second gold of the year, but is far and away the best ring I have ever found! To say I am excited is an understatement!

20200501_143915 - Edited.jpg

20200501_141035 - Edited.jpg

20200501_144008 - Edited.jpg

Wow! That’s killer

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schwing!! Nice catch!

Thanks!

Wow thats a lot of clad and that ring is awesome, wish there was a really big old park in my area. Congrats!!

It was a good day! Thanks!

That's a whopper, nice save!

Thanks!

HONKER!!!

Woohoo!

Congrats on the find! with gold prices, that's close to $300 in melt. :)

That is what I came up with, definitely my best ring! Thanks!

Cha-ching!! Your nox just scored you a fat wad of cash! Good call on digging that tone! I am ever so hopeful to cross the 10 gram honker threshold some day.

If the ring fits...wear it:yes: Congrats on the heavy 14K, a fine dig!

I am sorry to say my hand is not that big.:(

Cha-ching!! Your nox just scored you a fat wad of cash! Good call on digging that tone! I am ever so hopeful to cross the 10 gram honker threshold some day.

Thanks!

I cant tell you how many 18's I have skipped over :laughing: great hunting, congrats!

Thanks! I have skipped over them too. The park has a lot of clad, and I just happened to be in a place where I wasn't getting a lot of signals so I thought, "What the heck." Glad I did, but now I have to keep digging them!

Thanks! I have skipped over them too. The park has a lot of clad, and I just happened to be in a place where I wasn't getting a lot of signals so I thought, "What the heck." Glad I did, but now I have to keep digging them!

Do yourself a favor and take your gold ring with you, next time you go out. When you hit 18 signals, toss the gold ring down beside it. You'll discover pretty quickly, that the 18 signals sounds aren't all the same. You'll still be able to "skip" lots of trash.

But... you have to know how a ring sounds. You won't be able to skip all of it, as some trash sounds JUST LIKE A GOLD RING, but you'll be able to skip some of it!

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom