XP Deus II replacement Lower Shaft

ThatGuyAgain

Forum Supporter
I love my XP Deus II save for one thing - the lower shaft is terrible! I can visibly see it flex when I swing and it even droops a bit just standing there. I considered finding a custom carbon fiber fabricator and having them make a perfect replica of the current lower shaft, but in carbon. Has anyone found a replacement shaft that has better rigidity?

Get One of these.

Don't waste your money on that. If i can remember correctly (witch would be amazing) a simplex plus will work.
Nokta Carbon Fiber Lower Shaft for Simplex+ and The Legend Metal Detectors Gigmaster on YouTube has a video about modding it.

UPDATE - The Simplex+ carbon lower shaft came in and fits perfectly! I have taken it out a few times around here already and can confirm the lower-shaft-flex is completely gone (or near enough that I can't tell). A few notes to call out there though:

1) The Simplex+ lower shaft is just slightly longer than the standard Deus II lower shaft. If you plan on using the XP Deus backpack to carry your detector around, you might need to saw off a half inch to an inch from the end of the shaft. I was able to get it to JUST fit in mine by removing the little rubber stopper at the end of the shaft and getting rid of the rain cover at the bottom of the bag, but I'll probably still cut it down slightly.
2) The Simplex+ lower shaft fits a bit more snugly than the original Deus II lower shaft. It works like a charm, but I did notice it got stuck on a bit of grit after my last trip out. This could become a nuisance when searching the beach, but I suspect rinsing inside the shaft should do the trick just fine.

Back
Top Bottom