Stealth Scoops business is for sale

It would be very funny if Chuck picked it up again and bought it for less than he sold it to them. :lol:

This is good

Chucks contract binds should be done , free for purchase , Chucks needs to steel it back :yes :scope::holycow::thumbsup: Chucks got the ball , will he score a touchdown đź‘Ź

Sad to see, there goes my lifetime warranty.

Kob Reply / OBN / Chuck

{ So if any of you (Earl) want to take this baby over and make it to what it once was , look it up. Craigslist Orange County business for sale. } I would think that the business was Chucks baby :crybaby: I would think he would want it back , he only knows- if the price is right , and think that Chuck, would do very well since Sunspot would be the only business running high end scoops in the USA , as Xtreme - who knows , looking forward to some 920IX in 316 Stainless Steel, just a little higher deck hight , and Chucks custom requests for add on's , Im hoping if Chuck chimes in it's good news , Pick it back up Chuck , just add the scoop business to your shaft business on here , your already a sponsor , we hope for the best here , your old buddy Earl :friends::thumbsup::wish: OBN -- I would think Chuck would honor all CHUCK MADE SCOOPS made by him in the past , as far as the company that is selling , cheaper SS, and welding issues , I would think not ! He could say he will repair them for a charge :money: depending on the repair itself , but than maybe since he didn't make them , maybe he wouldn't bother .

Last edited:
I remember posting a few years back on them and many had doubts on what I said. But I knew firsthand. I also bought 3 - 920s for next to nothing. As I had seen 2 pallets full of them. They were supposed to be of 316 quality but told me they were not. I think they were going to the crusher. Also they were clear there was no warranty , I was OK with that. After my 1st hunt , the very next day I brought it back in to show them. The looks on their faces were priceless as they admired a rust covered bucket , lol.

Bottomline is it is sad they will be no longer. But they were hit or miss. I can't imagine anyone paying much for them. Better off someone starting anew to be honest. Gonna miss a shop that was only a half hour from my house.

I have a 720 I bought a couple years ago, which I really only get to use a handful of times a year. Still going strong, but I did experience some rusting near the welds. With Steve's carbon fiber handle, strongest set up I've owned hands down. Heavy? Yep, but weight doesn't bother me yet. One less option for us, hopefully someone with experience and knowledge of the hobby and beach hunting scoops it up.

{ OBN -- I would think Chuck would honor all CHUCK MADE SCOOPS made by him in the past , as far as the company that is selling , cheaper SS, and welding issues , I would think not ! He could say he will repair them for a charge :money: depending on the repair itself , but than maybe since he didn't make them , maybe he wouldn't bother .

Earl, If I need any repairs I purchase another welder. I though I had a source here that could fix them, guy told me his son would weld up the broken brace, I got it back and it looked bad. I asked what happened, you said he would TIG weld it.. looked like chicken scratching..he used a stick welder.. I was pissed. So if I need my 720's welded, It will be cheaper to go out and buy a small MIG.

Obn / CHUCK

Sorry I forgot your a Jack of all trades , your post was replied to because you were concerned about the life time warranty :lol::friends::crazy::crazy::crazy::viking: PS OBN since you know how to weld , KOB we have the perfect guy for the JOB , he needs another hobby , Scoops :yes::lol: Joe you can pick up were Diablo & Sunspot #2 - failed :yes: , Just build a work shop next to the deck :yes: ATTENTION CHUCK > your agreement should be void now with the company you sold your business to , Earl { It sort of doesn't matter. I have an agreement with the buyer of Stealth that I would not compete so it is more of a matter of if he wants me to take the line back again. } :welcomeback:

Last edited:
That's funny Surfmaster. I guess it is kinda a hobby. I think I know more about scoops than detectors , as I have destroyed many. But you have the title of King of scoops ! For as many as you have , they are in good condition. I can't envision Chuck doing this all over again. Times have changed. More of a younger man's game and the prices will more than likely be higher. What I can say so far about the overseas guys are the scoops are cheaply made and thin. Have not found one yet that holds up to The KOB's standards. Unless I'm strictly a dry sander. Hopefully that is still years away.....

That's funny Surfmaster. I guess it is kinda a hobby. I think I know more about scoops than detectors , as I have destroyed many. But you have the title of King of scoops ! For as many as you have , they are in good condition. I can't envision Chuck doing this all over again. Times have changed. More of a younger man's game and the prices will more than likely be higher. What I can say so far about the overseas guys are the scoops are cheaply made and thin. Have not found one yet that holds up to The KOB's standards. Unless I'm strictly a dry sander. Hopefully that is still years away.....

Earl is a curator of a scoop museum get it straight... he doesn't detect :lol:

Why would Chuck want to go back to dealing with this psycho metal detector crowd?

A bunch of whiny losers who blame the scoop and the scoopmaker why they can't seem to find any goodies.

It's an art and an underappreciated talent to build a balanced, strong and lightweight unit.

I love my Chuck built 720 but then again I got mine for free in Scuba Diver's contest.

Chuck if you do get back in the business send me another free one for this BS.

I hope to have as many as Earl someday.

Kob/ Robo/ Cfm-ct

Kob , RoboCop is :kingdances: daddy of scoops , only have 5- SS:realitycheck: all 304 , Robo. What BS are you talking about , they were Chucks words 🤔 , Cfm-ct - my museum investment value will go up , if Chuck.doesnt buy back the business , better than Gold in an OBN safe deposit box 📦

Kob , RoboCop is :kingdances: daddy of scoops , only have 5- SS:realitycheck: all 304 , Robo. What BS are you talking about , they were Chucks words 🤔 , Cfm-ct - my museum investment value will go up , if Chuck.doesnt buy back the business , better than Gold in an OBN safe deposit box 📦

Why would someone who is retired what to start working again... I know his age... there is no way Chuck will take that back....

If your scoops are only 304 stainless and the other guy who stole Chucks Extreme scoop name uses 316 then you should discount them... :yes:

Cfm-ct reply back

Why would someone who is retired what to start working again... I know his age... there is no way Chuck will take that back....

If your scoops are only 304 stainless and the other guy who stole Chucks Extreme scoop name uses 316 then you should discount them...
Excalibur1000 MMMMM , What happened to the other 95% machinery business , retired :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy: Retirement is when you don't work anymore , like OBN, & I , 316 is better in a salt invironment than 304 , they are not for sale , PS that Titanium scoop company that you & Kob were posting has scoops :laughing: If you need one :yes: howboughtit :digginahole: As far as hunting goes , go out in the Nor Easter , get some gold , Ian will treat you good :yes: PS I am not taking the bait , If I hunt , don't find gold , your setting me up for Gold Slumpy title , If I don't hunt this year , you can't :nono::razz: :realitycheck: Cfm-ct ---- ( the other guy who stole Chucks Extreme scoop name uses 316 then you should discount them... ) If Chuck doesn't buy back his business , its OK , that guy- Xtreme makes scoops just as good as the 304 SS- in 316 SS , I guess for you , just stick with your 720I, and Stavr , with me it's about supply & demand with quality / warranty , sorry you, and - only a small number of people , have yet to move on from there problem , noone elses . You need to get past this , as a lot of member's here have Xtreme , I am happy with my freebee :thumbsup: Whoever uses Surf Master in there next line , I expect another freebee :yes::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::hornetsnest:

Last edited:

If your scoops are only 304 stainless and the other guy who stole Chucks Extreme scoop name uses 316 then you should discount them...
Excalibur1000 MMMMM , What happened to the other 95% machinery business , retired :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy: Retirement is when you don't work anymore , like OBN, & I , 316 is better in a salt invironment than 304 , they are not for sale , PS that Titanium scoop company that you & Kob were posting has scoops :laughing: If you need one :yes: howboughtit :digginahole: As far as hunting goes , go out in the Nor Easter , get some gold , Ian will treat you good :yes: PS I am not taking the bait , If I hunt , don't find gold , your setting me up for Gold Slumpy title , If I don't hunt this year , you can't :nono::razz:

I have a Sunspot 720i and a Stavr scoop... they both get used... my hunting season is starting now... when does your start? You own the Goldslumpy title.... no one can take that away from you :lol:

Dang

Your like Kob , ya paste / post , before I can edit , well chop / chop , get at it , I am retired , your still working & need gold :yes: , don't have a stroke digging in those rocks , Nor Easter now , a good time to hit the beach , happy hunting :twister::tropical::lol:

Back
Top Bottom