• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

ARA warning.

merchunter

Just wanted to put out a warning. ARA has moved, since that move 2 shipments to them have taken almost 2 weeks to be received/processed even though I had proof of delivery. The first one I had to tell them it was being held at post office due to no one signing for it. Last shipment I sent in 14.2 ozs of 925 silver and they only show 11ozs processed. Think someone snagged a couple of the rings or a big chain with broken clasp.
Just beware.

Thanks for the heads-up. It's also possible that maybe some of what you sent in that was marked 925 was actually fake. Just my suggestion for the discrepency.

Just wanted to put out a warning. ARA has moved, since that move 2 shipments to them have taken almost 2 weeks to be received/processed even though I had proof of delivery. The first one I had to tell them it was being held at post office due to no one signing for it. Last shipment I sent in 14.2 ozs of 925 silver and they only show 11ozs processed. Think someone snagged a couple of the rings or a big chain with broken clasp.
Just beware.

You sent in 14.2 OZ of silver true at 925. PROCESSED is 11OZ PURE.

I believe you are in error. They ALWAYS have been a reputable company and it's POSSIBLE you are making a mistake here.

Yes they moved and its strange the post office hasn't forwarded their mail.

They show invoiced finished weight of silver processed, slightly over 9 oz's. And I lost on that silver closing price between when tracking showing them signing for it on Aug 30th and they show receiving and processing it on Sept 9th. First shipment was gold and it was being held at post office because no one from ARA signed for it the first 2 attempts. I had to call ARA to get someone to get it. Both times I shipped directly to their new location.
You don't have to attack what I say or my character. What is it with this board, I'm just saying be careful.
Before these last 2 attempts their service was flawless.

Thanks for the heads up. Was holding off on sending in a thousand bucks of gold waiting for prices to go up.

Just a quick follow up, a scrap dealer I used to deal with always made sure everything was beyond wearable value by cutting, or squeezing with pliers, or defacing it so it would never be used again. I sent it in as found, some of the rings looking brand new. He told me he did it for 2 reasons, one it does slip on someone finger, 2 something about the law and/or taxes. He take shiny new gold I'd take him and as soon as deal done he'd destroy it. Think I'll do the same from now on before selling as scrap.

Gold tanked again today... its lost like 60 an ounce this week...

Yeah I been selling some of my better stuff to guys I know for above melt so far. One guy I know owns like 8 Rolex's. I can't knock a dent in his wallet with my scrap.:lol: Used to pick up and sell him shrimp because he prefers someone else to do the manual labor. :laughing:

They show invoiced finished weight of silver processed, slightly over 9 oz's. And I lost on that silver closing price between when tracking showing them signing for it on Aug 30th and they show receiving and processing it on Sept 9th. First shipment was gold and it was being held at post office because no one from ARA signed for it the first 2 attempts. I had to call ARA to get someone to get it. Both times I shipped directly to their new location.
You don't have to attack what I say or my character. What is it with this board, I'm just saying be careful.
Before these last 2 attempts their service was flawless.

VERY sorry if you thought that was an attack. TOTALLY NOT intended that way at all. Sometimes I mean well but come across wrong. Again I am sorry

Gold tanked again today... its lost like 60 an ounce this week...

It also rose tonight...everything is based right now on Syria and if the fed going to reduce buying...if the market keeps rising then gold and silver will fall, if the market tanks or we decide to bomb Syria then gold will rise and shares will fall...pretty simple arithmetic right now

VERY sorry if you thought that was an attack. TOTALLY NOT intended that way at all. Sometimes I mean well but come across wrong. Again I am sorry

Way to go SCUBA! I have felt attacked on this forum a few times. I think you did the right and manly thing saying you're sorry,
HATS OFF TO YOU!
BH

man I hear ARA is the best to work with, I am going to be parting with some 16grams of 14k and 17 grams of pt 950 when I get a chance...going to try the ctx3030. im a little worried now...maybe Ill try freebay

I liked the suggestion on making the jewelry scrap, by the way, once we place anything in the mail it could disappear. I think our post office does a great job for the prices we pay but luckily in all these years my letters, boxes get to there destination.

nice post

My gut tells me we'll see gold sub $1000/oz. A huge run-up to Dow 20,000. A debt ceiling pass (again). 10-15 billion taper...and a bipartisan budget:shock:
Syria will fade like Taco Bells latest flavored shell and we'll all go back to grazing...

"Moooooo"

That's about when TSHTF and the few remaining gold bugs light that special Bolivar they've kept in the right corner of the humidor just for the occasion;)

Im hoping that indigestion you are feeling Aqua. Ive got some gold im hanging on to for some Christmas gifts. If it drop that far ill have to give THEM as the gifts.

Ive been pleased with ARA. Moving for some reason really disrupts a business and may allow for sticky fingers. I do like that idea of defacing/bending the rings. Ive always wondered if someone who does the recycling was stupid to give us melt price and really melt a ring worth 5 times that price. Doesnt sound like smart business to me if you can find a buyer on the side. But them im sure there are some laws against that?

Dew

Im hoping that indigestion you are feeling Aqua. Ive got some gold im hanging on to for some Christmas gifts. If it drop that far ill have to give THEM as the gifts.

Ive been pleased with ARA. Moving for some reason really disrupts a business and may allow for sticky fingers. I do like that idea of defacing/bending the rings. Ive always wondered if someone who does the recycling was stupid to give us melt price and really melt a ring worth 5 times that price. Doesnt sound like smart business to me if you can find a buyer on the side. But them im sure there are some laws against that?

Dew

Theres a company in the south makes most of the settings in the country, almost on an industrial basis...I don't think theyd care about if something is almost new..a simple melt and start all over again...I always try to buy gold that is almost new so I can sell them as pre owned and not have just a chunk of gold with no purpose...hell I could get engaged another three times, married at least 4 times, give three necklaces and 4 ear ring sets from the stuff I have already...:laughing:

Fortunately I don't invest so much money that I go without for the sake of it...but its nice to have a portion of your stuff in gold and silver and whn the price drops it just means your other stuff like shares rise..just balancing out the investments

Ara

I have been using ARA for 5 years now and they have ALWAYS been spot on. If it's not real, they send it back. They also mark my stones, diamonds or CZ's and send them back to me also. They are top notch in my book and are super nice people. I will not deal with anyone else. Just my 2 cents....
Chris in Cayman

Back
Top Bottom