Japanese Gaming Token!!!

wvdave107

Elite Member
Went to my usual park this afternoon for a little clad fishin' and found an unusual gaming token. Did a little research and it seems it's used in something like a slot machine of some sorts. Interesting find in a little park in WV. Guess it goes to show ya never know what's out there:lol:

Attachments

• japanese game token.JPG
    japanese game token.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 1,185
Went to my usual park this afternoon for a little clad fishin' and found an unusual gaming token. Did a little research and it seems it's used in something like a slot machine of some sorts. Interesting find in a little park in WV. Guess it goes to show ya never know what's out there:lol:

Daigaku is Japanese for "University" :lol:

Pachinko Parlors are all over Japan. Most of them are located at or near train stations. Never seen a token for them.

The ones I am familiar with, you would buy a bucket of ball bearings and use them in the pachinko machines. If you were lucky, you got back more ball bearings than you put in. When you finished, you'd take your ball bearings back to the counter and, based on how many bearings you turned in, you would get a cheap prize (like a pack of razor blades), worth a lot less than the money you spent buying the bearings. You see, gambling is illegal in Japan. :roll:

Now, if you know how the game is played, you would take your cheap prize down to the street corner, turn into an alley and knock on a door. Someone would answer, you give him your distinctively wrapped pack of razor blades and he would "buy" them from you for a chunk of cash worth a heck of a lot more than a pack of razor blades. You see, in Japan it is not illegal for an individual to buy something from you for a heck of a lot more than its worth. ;)

And that's how they get around the gambling laws in Japan. :yes:

Pachinko Parlors are all over Japan. Most of them are located at or near train stations. Never seen a token for them.

The ones I am familiar with, you would buy a bucket of ball bearings and use them in the pachinko machines. If you were lucky, you got back more ball bearings than you put in. When you finished, you'd take your ball bearings back to the counter and, based on how many bearings you turned in, you would get a cheap prize (like a pack of razor blades), worth a lot less than the money you spent buying the bearings. You see, gambling is illegal in Japan. :roll:

Now, if you know how the game is played, you would take your cheap prize down to the street corner, turn into an alley and knock on a door. Someone would answer, you give him your distinctively wrapped pack of razor blades and he would "buy" them from you for a chunk of cash worth a heck of a lot more than a pack of razor blades. You see, in Japan it is not illegal for an individual to buy something from you for a heck of a lot more than its worth. ;)

Rudy. Thanks for the info. Very interesting!!!

Cool find! That thing sure is far away from home. It's interesting to think about how it ended up in the hills of WV. Just yesterday I found a German Empire 1914-G 2 Pfennig coin in the yard of a 1900 coal mining village house. You never know what you're going to dig up next!

That's pretty slick. I'll have to tell that to the people that run these electronic games here in GA. because here too, gambling is illegal unless the state runs it.

Back
Top Bottom