Beginners luck ruining my chances?

SteveJJ

My first detector, a Garrett Freedom 1 Coinmaster purchased as a gift to my father who'd just retired, is the only one I've found gold with. In the first 5-10 minutes of beeping in my front yard, I found a gold 4 leaf clover pin with a diamond set in the middle. Friendship Pin I was told they were called, often given to girlfriends by soldiers heading to Viet Nam.

I've not done much beach or park detecting but have yet to find that yellow shine in any digs since. Has this first lucky find ruined my chances or do I just have to work harder?

I have capable detectors for the task now, with intent to hit the gold fields out west next Spring and forever more during impending retirement. I'm feeling like I have to break the lack of gold streak before I go, and the leaves are beginning to fall and frozen ground is coming soon.

Past success has no bearing on future success. I can go for months without finding a gold, the. Find three in a month.

This is like fishing. You may never get a bigger fish than the first time you went out, but that doesn't mean the other fish aren't fun. Take the hobby for what it is, and enjoy the fun!

Because, in the end, you don't catch fish unless you are fishing. So, with metal detecting, the best chance of finding another gold is to simply get back out there...

Cheers!

The only thing that ruins your chances is not getting off the couch.,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your GOLD chances are actually increasing with each hunt where you do NOT find any!

Key in on locations, hit those foil-nickel-tab-low zinc tones in there...Also, when you fall asleep at night, it helps to dream about finding GOLD at a certain location in your area...your brain at rest will lead you right to it...seriously...You really gotta think and dream about gold and hunt the right signals/locations accordingly...

Back
Top Bottom