Bucket lister!!!!!!!

rob.ream258

Elite Member
Perfect day to dirt fish - cool breeze 80 degrees sun shining. I'm working so I ate lunch at my desk around 10:00 and headed out at exactly 11:00. Can't waist a perfect day inside under fluorescent lights banging on the keyboard.

Went to the same "go to" park many of you probably read about over and over again - old buttons - round balls - a couple of silvers ..... started going to an area where the soil produces a ton of choppy signals - tons of false'ing. Been there a couple of times so I knew what to expect....

First signal was old farm junk...... hhmm... old = promising. Second signal square nail..... what??? Hit old stuff at this park but never square nails......homestead?? Third .... another nail. Fourth signal hit high and bouncy...... hmmm ...... attempted to dig the plug but the ground is like rocks. 5 inches down the find is a round dirt clod and I can only see the edge - thin with no reeds or squared edge. Flat button........ ????? Popped the dirt clod open and saw the back side of a 2 reale. Popped the other side of the clod and bam....... clear front with 1778.............. wow.......

have NOT found an Indian head penny or large cent or barber dime/quarter or seated dime/quarter - and on and on - only 1 coin pre-1900 a heavily toasted V nickel..... missing many old coins but I jump the line and land a Spanish reale...... wow........

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 531
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 497
  • clean.jpg
    clean.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 495
[emoji50] that is a truly amazing find! Congrats you. Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude that’s awesome! Congrats! I’ve found a few 1800s American and British coins, but Spanish silver has always been the top of my bucket list.

I kinda know how you feel, in terms of jumping back a bit. I still have not found any 1900's silver. My first silver ever was a 1856 Seated quarter, followed by an 1876 Seated quarter. You never expect to see stuff like that when you first pop that plug..... :lol:

Sweet find! Congrats!

Should change your name to Skipper...you skipped over all the normal stuff to this.
Must feel great!

Thank you all for the replies.....
Yes it feels fantastic to land a HUGE find
Never thought I'd find that since I haven't even found an Indian head or a Barber......

Oh ya...... after finding that during lunch my mind was toast and I accomplished practically nothing the rest of the afternoon.........

Now I can't put it down...... afraid it's going to get lost........again......

That's really fantastic, nice going! It's true, we just don't have any clue what we may dig up from one day to the next :yes:

Back
Top Bottom