• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Mudlarking After Work Tonite And My Clad Totals So Far This Week

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

"A mudlark is someone who scavenges in river mud for items of value, a term used especially to describe those who scavenged this way in London during the late 18th and 19th centuries."

http://www.messynessychic.com/2016/...mudlarking-on-the-thames-foreshore-in-london/

I first read about mudlarking a few years back where people in the UK would search/detect the banks of the Thames River, and find old Roman coins and jewelry. Well.....we have a nice river winding through Edmonton, so I tried my luck at a couple of places. I did find some coins. The oldest in the 50's, and a cool vintage sports medallion. It was fun and something I have not done before.

I buy a gold coin each year with my clad, so I really do like to get lots of it. Below are my totals so far this week from hunts after work. The AT MAX is a great coin shooter, as are the other two AT Machines. That little gold bell rang like a coin in the 80's.. The MAX is a very sensitive metal detector. I was running it at about 5/8 bars.

Attachments

• ml2.jpg
    ml2.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 152
Forgot that you Canadians have had "perishable" coins for some time - quarters, dimes and nickels?? I guess we down here should not complain too much about the Zincoln Pennies. The difference is that people down here will throw pennies on the ground, at least in Miami FL. I mean a lot of them.
A Hispanic thing?

Back
Top Bottom