Old silver.(England)

Doug

Elite Member
Once I get around to it I will post the other finds from the last 2 weeks

Now battening everthing down for the incoming storm, winds gusting 70 to 80 MPH locally although Ireland will get the full force of the storm in the morning.

Thanks for looking..........Doug

Just out of the ground.
YtFd3fR.jpg

Henry 3rd 1216-72.
T42wK83.jpg

Damn, when you say old silver you freaking mean ancient medieval silver! Wow!!! Awesome find, as usual.

By Jove thats an OLDIE! Beauty! Batten down the hatches and catch us up with your other finds during the storm!

Thank you.

Storm winds are really starting to hit us now already gusting to 55 mph.

Very strange looking sun today?

"An unusual" reddish sky and red-looking sun have been reported across parts of England.

The phenomenon has been seen in the South West, the Midlands, North West and North East.

BBC weather presenter Simon King said it was due to the remnants of Hurricane Ophelia dragging in tropical air and dust from the Sahara.

He added that debris from forest fires in Portugal and Spain was also playing a part.

The dust has caused shorter wavelength blue light to be scattered, making it appear red."

Last edited:
Thank you for your kind comments on the find.

Storm wise we just had a few fence panels taken out, new ones put back in today.

Ireland took the full force of the storm we just had the edge of it.

...Doug.

Come on Doug ...
Can't you find anything better than a 700 or 800 year old silver coin ?
You'll just have to do better than that to impress us ! :lol:

Congrats on a fantastic find !

Come on Doug ...
Can't you find anything better than a 700 or 800 year old silver coin ?
You'll just have to do better than that to impress us ! :lol:

Congrats on a fantastic find !

I have do a lot more to impress myself.......:D

Most if not all of my Roman sites (1st-4th century) are now out of bounds due to them being in crop, will be June onwards (2018) before I can get back in.

I will pick up the odd Roman/Saxon coin or artefact in my day to day searching of the local fields.

Back
Top Bottom