How many HOURS do you work in a month?

WORK oh yea I used to do that I was a diesel tech and retired at 56 (union pension 30 and out) collecting ssi at 62 and am 64 now, In the past years of working I worked 40hrs wk with overtime sometimes alot and helped a friend get his truck repair shop going sometimes 20 hrs a week and helped farming in the spring disking and chisel plowing and planting and worked on the side out of my garage on cars and trucks (during the summer) and plowed snow during the winter sometimes alot. But my pension was more than I was making in a 40 hour week so why work anymore now I have time for hunting and fishing and many hobbies.

My record in a week was 120 hours. worked 36 hours straight that week without stopping. Was so tired I forgot where I lived. :shock::lol:

I envy all that say full benefits and time off lol..
I need to figure out something asap..
Was just told some info which is confirmation what I knew
And need more swing / relaxation time lol.

I'm working 6 12s at my regular job plus I have a small shop doing bodywork on cars on the side 8-10 hours a week.
The regular job wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't an hour drive one way, but being gone 14 hours a day 6 days a week really stinks.

W**K? That's a dirty four letter word presently! Before retirement, KT worked at least 40 hours a week, and at the will and pleasure of His Boss...which meant KT was on call 24/7, but got no overtime because He was a professional rather than a salaried worker for the State. Some of it was good, some bad, but it was what KT chose to do for a profession.

Now, KT "volunteers", He does not work. Some of it is because He loves what He is doing, and some of it is because The Queen insists He not lounge around on His Royal Throne all day!

Have a curiosity if I am just plain nuts but I am the only one currently working 283 hours a MONTH. And 7 days a week with maybe 20 days taken off in the past 3 years..

I get low low end insurance for a buck a month. No sick days, no paid time off, I've even been to work the day after unexpected emergency torsion surgery.. lol..

21Days a month worked at 16Hour a day=336Hours worked a month.

the only bright side is I get 7 days off.

Still alive same sched my detectors irritatingly stay idle.
I did buy a used truck of a friend of mine and plan to sell my old one.
Pondered going to the only 24 hour beach around here, but when I think about it
Can only really hope for fresh drops. It's combed by machine and pounded by detectors. Lol

I work 160 hours a month or 40 a week. I have been in a few salary jobs where I worked a heck of a lot more. I kind of fell into a General Manager job with dream hours 8 to 4:30.

I usually try to work around 35 hours a week swinging a metal detector.

Sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on the weather mainly.

I currently work about 30 hours PER MONTH because I'm retired and only work a part time job. I'm 71 years old and paid my dues and don't miss the career I had. I started working at 16 after school and as soon as I graduated I was employed full time right up until the time I retired back in 2002. I held a job every day of my working life and was fortunate enough to never have been unemployed or dependent on unemployment or welfare.

Back
Top Bottom