Tesoro Golden µMax's rolling/overload tone...

Right Brain

Elite Member
What do others think of it? I've just gotten a Golden and I'm not sure if this is a good feature or not. I'm a bit worried, because it doesn't get discriminated out. In other words, an item with a conductivity that you set to be discriminated, like a bottle top, shouldn't make any signal. But, you get the rolling tone. This would be ok in most areas, but in areas of high junk, you would have to swing with the coil raised, missing slightly deeper targets. Targets that I want to go for, modern coins, also give a rolling tone if they're on the surface. So what you do is raise the coil to get the signal reading. But if there would be surface targets everywhere, you would have to have the coil raised.

However, in most areas, I could see this being helpful.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase and really excited about its prospects!

Others' opinions?

What do others think of it? I've just gotten a Golden and I'm not sure if this is a good feature or not. I'm a bit worried, because it doesn't get discriminated out. In other words, an item with a conductivity that you set to be discriminated, like a bottle top, shouldn't make any signal. But, you get the rolling tone. This would be ok in most areas, but in areas of high junk, you would have to swing with the coil raised, missing slightly deeper targets. Targets that I want to go for, modern coins, also give a rolling tone if they're on the surface. So what you do is raise the coil to get the signal reading. But if there would be surface targets everywhere, you would have to have the coil raised.

However, in most areas, I could see this being helpful.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase and really excited about its prospects!

Others' opinions?
I don't like it at all. In fact, it drives me nuts. I'm not sure what purpose it serves OTHER than to annoy the user.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom